Hotel Front Desk Agent
- $19 to $20 Hourly
Hotel Front Desk Agent
Aiden by Best Western is looking for a motivated and dedicated part-time Guest Service Agent to join our team at the brand-new Aiden in Berkeley. Aiden by Best Western is a trendy new collection of modern, suburban boutique hotels with a cool, laid-back personality. Aiden Berkeley is just one mile from the UC Berkeley Campus. This is a part-time position for 3 to 4 days a week.
What you get to do in this role:
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experience superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
· Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
· Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
· Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
· Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
· Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
· Assist guest with valet parking inside our own garage (Driver’s License is required)
· Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
· Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
· Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
· Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
· Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
· Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
· Maintains customers’ privacy.
· Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What candidate traits are needed to be successful in this role?
· Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
· Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
· Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
· Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. Able to properly secure guest information.
· Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
· Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
· Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
· Must have valid Driver’s License
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our hotel maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.
Berkeley Hospitality LlcBerkeley, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.