TPI Golf Fitness Specialist
JOB TITLE: TPI Golf Fitness Specialist
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Wellness
SUPERVISES EMPLOYEES: No
Berkeley Hall Club, a distinctive private golf community edged on the banks of the pristine Okatie River in Bluffton, South Carolina – the heart of the coastal Lowcountry – a world with a casually inviting and active lifestyle that sets the standard for all private communities. Just minutes from Hilton Head Island, our 980-acre property is unique among top private golf communities. With two world-class Tom Fazio courses and a stunning Jeffersonian-style clubhouse that form the “Core of the Community,” our two walkable classic courses feel more like a golf retreat, with beautiful lagoons and majestic live oaks.
Five Star Platinum Club of America
Distinguished Club Award
Best Residential Courses-North & South Course - Golfweek
Top 100 Golf Communities - Travel + Leisure
Top 100 Premiere Properties – Links Magazine
Berkeley Hall Club is currently looking for a Part-Time TPI Golf Fitness Specialist to join our team. This individual will be responsible for providing personal training services focused on the disciplines of TPI to our members throughout the Fitness Center. This position will aid with the Club's established exceptional service to members and guests. They promote personal training services, wellness programs, and the Club while demonstrating a high level of professionalism that aligns with the Mission and Vision of the Club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes members and guests in a warm and friendly manner and address all members properly by name.
- To promote the facility services, amenities, programs, and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the Mission and Vision Statement of the Club.
- Utilizes industry knowledge, expertise and education to create, develop and consistently update member fitness and exercise programs.
- Provide members and guests with timely and efficient service(s). Schedule members for classes, training sessions, and spa services. Contact members to update class or training session information. Confirm appointments.
- To create personalized service for Members, including providing towel and water service while Members are exercising.
- Perform administrative duties for the front desk, member/guest check-in, and reservations, and assist with billing of all personal training, massages, and classes during his/her shift thru the Jonas POS System. Maintain Fitness & Wellness Center files.
- Perform open and close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Periodically inspects treatment rooms. Cleans wet areas as necessary.
- Picks up weights and any dangerous items throughout the day in the workout room.
- Inspect and evaluate operational conditions of all fitness equipment and report necessary repairs to the Director of Wellness.
- Communicates to the Director of Wellness pertaining to any problems with trainers, class instructors, and member requests.
- Generate ad hoc reports on Fitness Center usage and trainer data.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Sciences, Exercise Science or related field is preferred.
- Exceptional personal training and fitness program development acumen.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working in a fitness center, spa, country club, or hospitality environment is preferred.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, and Excel; Jonas Management Software preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED
- Nationally recognized & accredited personal training certification (NSCA, NASM, ACSM)
- Titleist Performance Institute Golf Fitness Certification (Level 1-3)
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
PAY: Hourly compensation available and commission structure on personal training services.
SCHEDULE: This is a Part-Time position with a flexible schedule which may include providing group fitness class instructing services to members within the Fitness Center as early as 6:00 am on some days and staying as late as 7:00 pm on other days.
- Retention Bonus for every year worked starting at $250 (increases by $50 each year)
- 401K match plan
- Free lunch meal while working
- Golf privileges (on select days) and Pro Shop discounts
Berkeley Hall Club IncOkatie, SC
Sports and Recreation
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.