Please apply ONLY if you have 5 + years in FDOT heavy highway experience!
Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Typically requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to the Construction Manager and Director of Operations. Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
As an Project Manager for Heavy Highway Construction, you will perform tasks in support of construction field operations including those related to work activity planning, scheduling, subcontract and supplier administration, the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates. Requires the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques and technical knowledge of construction project.
- Administer subcontracts and permanent material supplier contracts including maintaining effective communications, monitoring of correspondence, scope and change order management, etc.
- Issue service agreements for various needs as directed by Project Manager
- Submit Monthly Pay Estimate and Subcontract Pay Vouchers
- Track quantities (material/labor) for payment and cost purposes
- Code daily labor, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for tracking in cost system
- Calculate material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); monitor progress, percentage complete per work item
- Prepare and manage shop drawing and material submittals & RFI’s
- Review incoming submittal prior to sending to Owner
- Participate in the updating and maintenance of the project Baseline Schedule
- Lead the development of Short Interval Schedules
- Maintain documentation to support the company’s position for claims resolution
- Manage Permanent Material Acquisition (Inventory Upon Deliver, etc.)
- Coordinate and circulate responses to all affected personnel and subcontractors
- Manage extra work process, change orders and claims management
- Monitor and/or manage project document control
- Coordinate requirements and progress with design engineers or other consultants.
- Review critical picks
- Assist field engineers with job duties requirements such as timecard review, invoice processing, JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) etc.
- Attend weekly crew safety meeting