The Project Manager, under the direction of the Director of Capital Improvements, will manage the capital improvement process on multiple projects simultaneously on all Berger East Communities. The Project Manager will assist in contract negotiation, working with vendors and contractors, managing budgets, schedules, and coordinating work with the Regional Property Manager and on-site teams. Facilitate the capital improvement process through preparation of specifications, bidding, compilation and awarding of contracts. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of on-site projects, from the scope phase and scheduling to the on-site work and completion.
· Help maintain and manage the daily calendars and schedules as requested.
· Work with Community Managers to ensure proper scheduling of apartment and other community renovations and construction.
· Prepare regular reports to evaluate whether each project is being completed on time and on budget. Support the purchase order and invoice process to ensure timely ordering and payment.
· Maintain capital improvements budget
· Serve as liaison between Director of Capital Improvements and Contractors
· Participate in monthly construction meetings
· Attend safety meetings and training
· Purchase supplies using standard purchase order system and proper bidding procedures
· Follow the standards for the purchase order approval process and ensure all invoices are paid within 2 weeks of project completion.
· Create purchase orders, WTN numbers and invoices
· Update financial tracker via Real Page
· Ensure all vendors fill out required BRC paperwork to become a preferred vendor in Ops System.
· Distribute prepared scope of work to a minimum of three (3) agreed upon vendors
· Prepare received bids for Director of Capital Improvement
· Notify excluded bidders and create contract for approved vendor.
· Create contracts for each individual project with great attention to detail
· Ensure contracts are signed and saved in the appropriate location on the server.
· Manage the contract approval process including signatures and the Ops approval process
· Meet with vendors and contractors on site so they can collect appropriate information for proper bidding.
· Work with Community Manager to ensure proper delivery of all materials.
· Maintain capital construction schedule.
· Work with Director of Capital Improvement to ensure resolution to any vendor opportunities that may arise.
· Confirm work is fully completed for release of payment.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Maintain a world class level of customer service
· 3-5 years’ experience in construction/rehab field, (Mulifamily, CapEx and renovations strongly preferred) including all aspects of property maintenance operations, capital projects management and property renovations.
· General Contractor’s license and/or certifications preferred
· Familiarity with accepted building practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing, lien waivers
· Experience with the procurement of construction services, contract award and buy-out, and authorizing of RFI’s.
· Ability to produce contract documents along with other related construction draw forms.
· Computer skills to allow for creation of spreadsheets through Microsoft Office as well as demonstrated proficiency in word processing and database management programs to complete required reports and employment documents.
· Knowledge in contract creation and administration with the ability to process contractor pay applications, evaluate and process change orders, analyze and maintain tracking sheets and records, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, inspect and approve safe work place, document stored materials and monitor warranty work.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to communicate findings from due diligences, property inspections, project updates, and other aspects related to renovations, positioning, or construction projects in writing using proper grammar, spelling and appropriate terms related to the construction industry.
· Ability to travel to all locations in the Berger East portfolio.
· Valid state driver’s license, reliable and safe transportation, and current automobile insurance