Berger Rental Communities is looking for a maintenance technician for Greenview at Chestnut Run. We are offering a $700 sign on bonus!
Pay rate: $18-19/hour, plus bonuses and benefits
Works under the supervision of the Service Manager and is responsible for maintaining the residential apartments and supporting facilities of assigned multi-family properties to achieve the highest level of resident satisfaction and retention.
- Respond quickly and courteously to resident requests for maintenance service; troubleshoot and take the appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the Company. Work orders are to be completed within 24 hours of resident request unless need for an outside vendor or ordered part is required to finish the order.
- Participate in an ongoing community maintenance and improvement plan
- Follow-up on service requests via Service Manager to assure the highest quality customer satisfaction
- Work with community staff to control expenses
- Make available apartments ready for move-in within in 7 days of previous resident vacating to ensure acceptable average turn time
- Comply with the Company’s operating and safety policies and procedures
- Comply with federal, state and local laws pertaining to the daily operation of the community and Fair Housing
- Prioritize and manage your daily workload to ensure successful completion each day
- Some evening, weekend and on-call shifts are required
- Present an apartment as “white glove clean” to the Service Manager and Community Manager to ensure new resident satisfaction and Satisfacts ratings of 4.5 or higher
- At least 2 years of directly related residential maintenance and turnover experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential maintenance repair and service to include electrical, plumbing, appliances, painting/drywall, carpentry, heating and air handling systems as well as the safe use of hand tools and small power tools
- Service oriented; perform assigned tasks in a professional, orderly and timely manner
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strives to continually improve technical skills to include participation in the Company maintenance training program
- Must demonstrate the ability to frequently lift, carry and move items weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance and be able to withstand prolonged standing and repetitive activities, to include but not limited to walking, climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching and kneeling.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical school preferred but not required
- Trade school or National Apartment Association training a plus
- HVAC certification is a plus
- Valid State Driver’s license and reliable and safe transportation
COME GROW WITH US and BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH BERGER RENTAL COMMUNITIES
We have never-ending opportunities in a growing, family-based team atmosphere!
Berger Rental Communities takes great pride in our award-winning employees. With that in mind, we are always on the lookout for exceptional people to help us grow our team so we can continue to offer residents the superior level of service they deserve.
At Berger Rental Communities, setting our team members up for success is a top priority. Creating a culture where we dedicate our time to serving our customers to deliver outstanding results together, is our goal. Whether it's investigating new training methods, staying up to date with the latest technologies, or conducting regular employee surveys, we are constantly striving to put our team members in the best position to flourish and grow their careers. We are seeking customer focused, results driven individuals who would make great teammates and additions to our family atmosphere.
Powered by JazzHR
Berger Rental Communities