Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, and 401(k).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces 3D electrical drawings for field installation and coordination with other sub-contractor trades.
- Participates in coordination meetings to resolve clashes while maintaining budget, constructability and code requirements.
- Produces shop drawings, cross-sections of underground, conduits and cables, as required for instructions to fabrication and installation crew.
- Prepares documentation requesting clarification of original design in the form of RFIs and follow-up responses.
- Performs verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements. .
- Reads architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical floor plans, section and elevations;
- Confers with engineer of record and project management staff to resolve problems and explaining drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of total drafting experience
- Solid working knowledge of Autodesk software; Fluency in Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD MEP is preferred
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction blueprints (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and special systems)
- Understanding of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards.
- Knowledge of 3D coordination with other trades.
- Fluency in reading 2D and 3D plans, electronically or hard copy.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.