The Benzinga Events team is growing quickly as we continue to develop the most exciting, intimate events in the financial services, cannabis and fintech space, and we are looking to add a driven and motivated individual to the team.
Benzinga’s Event & Content team is looking to add a person to help with speaker management, agenda creation, content strategy/execution and work with other teams within the company.
The Speaker Relations Director will assist in developing and directing conference content and program schedules for Benzinga events. The Director will also be responsible for coordinating with event partners and organizing media coverage.
The Speaker Relations Director will be responsible for:
- Researching content (both in terms of potential speakers and topics)
- Asking big name speakers to speak at Benzinga events on a small budget
- Building relationships with key industry players
- Designing compelling agendas
- Guiding content strategy to create buzz about the conference
- Assisting the events team in creating unique on-site experiences and “wow” factors
The Speaker Relations Director will work with multiple teams, including marketing, editorial and external media. Therefore, this person must be an excellent leader and communicator, capable of keeping members of teams aligned, motivated, and on schedule.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Public Relations and Journalism background is key.
- Multitask, organize and manage competing priorities with efficiency.
- Prior knowledge of the financial services and fintech industry—or the desire and ability to quickly learn about the space
- Ability to lead teams on-site producing flawless shows, while at the same time ensuring that client expectations are exceeded time and again.
- Manage timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strategic vision- the ability to manage and optimize a prestigious industry event to achieve significant year on year revenue growth
- Innovative & creative thinking- The desire to think creatively, to innovate and to shape a product around customer needs to create unique experiences
- Commercial awareness -the ability to understand market dynamics and monetize the program
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills – the ability to set achievable project management goals and to ensure these goals are met across the team
- Time management with an ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and a collaborative mindset
- You are an active go-getter with a sense of urgency and a "let's get things done" attitude.
- You have experience producing large-scale live events for global brands.
- You multitask like a pro, managing competing priorities with efficiency. You have systems and processes that you know work.
- You have an innovative spirit and a vision for the future of the event industry. No challenge is too big, even if it's never been done before.
- You can handle high pressure situations.
- People love to work with you because you are upbeat, friendly, and positive in even the toughest of situations. People trust that you will make the right decisions because you DO.