Benzinga is a financial news and data company located at One Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit. We provide a variety of news and data feeds to many large institutions including most North American financial brokerages. Our goal is to make financial news accessible to all.
Our consumer product Benzinga Pro (pro.benzinga.com) offers our subscribers a real-time window directly into our data and news feeds, and as Senior Frontend Engineer you would be focused on adding innovative and valuable features and improvements to this platform. Benzinga Pro is a complex React application that uses Websocket and WebRTC to display realtime news and data to our subscribers.
Although this is a front-end position, working primarily on a Typescript / React / Redux codebase, the application is involved with the broader Benzinga tech ecosystem which includes a variety of different technologies:
- Cloud first implementations of Go (golang) Microservices on Kubernetes
- Python / Django scaffolded applications with Stripe and Oauth integration
- Drupal PressFlow and Wordpress PHP sites as well as niche financial Java servers
- RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Redis, as well as MySQL, Postgres and Mongo Databases
- Continuous Integration / Deployment, DevOps with GitLab
We are constantly innovating and engineers are encouraged to explore new technologies, and the following would be bonuses for this role:
- End-to-end testing using Jester, Selenium or similar frameworks
- Front-end DevOps like WebPack, Babel, or Verdaccio
- Mobile development using React Native, Xamarin, Flutter, Ionic or native.
- Advanced interactive UI development and new technologies or techniques like Elm, Haskell, Erlang, Lua; D3.js, WebGL; WebAssembly, GraphQL, NextJS, Gatsby, and GIF memes.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees and encourage engineers to reach out and attend industry events and conferences, as well as host our own local and regional technology events through our partner organization the Detroit Fintech Association. Remote work is a possibility and benefits are offered including flexible schedules and vacation time.