- Posted: 15 days ago
Summary: The mechanic position is responsible for performing repair work and maintenance for all motor vehicles in the company fleet.
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Shop Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, test, adjust, and repair systems of all motor vehicles in the company fleet.
- Identifies mechanical problems either visually or with a computer diagnostic equipment.
- Performs repairs and replaces defective parts
- Perform routine & scheduled maintenance according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains inventory and restocks parts.
- Maintains records of repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Respond to road calls.
- Schedules vehicles to be repaired or serviced by a third party as needed.
- May perform other general shop duties as needed.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of engine repair, mechanical and electrical systems and maintenance.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand service and repair manuals
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring heavy physical effort occasionally in inclement weather.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to life/carry 50 pounds
- Ability to stand/walk and work on cement floor for long periods of time.
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.
- Safety Training
- Propane Safety/Fill training provided by Benz Oil Company.
- Fill propane cylinders as needed for customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benz Oil Company Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?