We are looking for a Personal Care Assistant to join our team! Our ideal candidate will be able to perform the day-to-day activities of care giving in accordance with current regulations governing assisted living communities in order to assure that the community is clean, safe, and comfortable. We believe our residents deserve the best services and care in a sensitive, professional and effective manner.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist residents with their personal care and activities of daily living as assigned and as requested by residents. These may include but are not limited to changing, dressing, bathing, and toileting residents.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned using established procedures and standards. These may include but are not limited to changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash cans and cleaning up after accidents occur.
- Assist with food preparation, service and cleanup as directed.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Respond to resident emergency calls and notify appropriate personnel where necessary.
- Assure that established infection control practices are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the supervisor.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report all burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, and emergency call bells or pendants to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, and follow all fire safety policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and incidents as soon as possible to your supervisor, no matter how minor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of residents' personal care information.
- Honor the residents' personal and property rights.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Participate as assigned in activities, special events, marketing efforts, and special programs.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years old.
- Successful completion of drug screening.
- Must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check per State guidelines.
- Must have received a tuberculosis screening and physical examination within twelve months prior to employment (or as State Guidelines Require) to assure that the employee is free of diseases communicable within the scope of employment and physically qualified to work.
- Must have evidence of first aid and CPR certification.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, residents and their families and physicians.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE/PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Care Assistants work in all areas of the community.
- Must be able to lift as much as 50 pounds.
- Care Assistants are subject to reactions from dust, disinfectants and cleaning chemicals.
- Care Assistants may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and other conditions.
- Care Assistants are expected to use personal protective equipment and supplies to prevent burns, falls, and infection and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Requirements for personal protective equipment include: Smock, latex gloves, non-slip shoes.
Why Work Here?The Benton House communities are Senior Living and Memory Care Communities. Age does not diminish the basic human desire for independence, dignity and choice. Benton House seeks to fulfill for seniors what we all want each and every day—to be happy and healthy, to continue to contribute, and to have a voice in the direction of our lives.
We offer good pay, great benefits, and high enthusiasm for what we do.