- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Daily Wire is looking for an Audio Engineer to join our growing production team in Nashville, TN. The Audio Engineer will be a critical member of the Audio Department and a valuable member of the Production team at large, working daily to create and record sound for our daily podcasts and various other projects that meet the highest-quality standard possible. If you feel you are the right fit for this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Edit, mix, design, create, and record sound for Daily Wire podcasts and other Bentkey Ventures projects
- Enhance sound quality of content for online listening and viewing platforms and occasionally auditorium events
- Design soundscapes and sound bites across multiple shows that have varying styles
- Skillfully layer sound effects
- Creatively solve obstacles through sound mixing
- Emphasize the dramatic and storytelling power through audio content
- Build live event mixes with multiple microphone sources and types (speaker lavs, audience shotguns, etc.) as well as playback content and graphics
- Coordinate with other in-house Audio Engineers and support the Audio Department in the set-up and operation of sound equipment in live events and in post-production
- Collaborate with day-player / 3rd-party audio mixers in occasional live show broadcasts as well as remote live events
- Collaborate with lighting, camera, and production crew to optimize audio recording setup
- Improve and maintain sound libraries
- Resolve technical issues with audio gear as they arise
- Research and implement the latest software updates and audio equipment improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Requirements:
- Previous sound mixing and recording experience
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with complex sound equipment including: soundboards, equalizers, microphones, recording equipment, mixing consoles and editing software
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization, compressions, filters and plug ins, room treatment, microphone placement, noise reduction, etc.)
- Proficient in Pro Tools and knowledgeable in Adobe Suite
- Capable of working well under pressure
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field a plus
- Music production and/or radio broadcasting experience a plus
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Start date: November 9, 2020
- Employment type: Full-time; Non-Exempt
- Compensation: $24-$28; Dependent upon experience
- Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through Anthem; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Bentkey, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire Facebook
Daily Wire YouTube
Bentkey Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Bentkey Ventures participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Audio Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.