Plan, direct, and coordinate all housekeeping, public area and back of the house housekeeping activities to maximize the mission of the hotel of “pleasing customers at a profit”. To operate the hotel’s housekeeping department in a professional manner, at all times, while achieving the annual objectives. To place major focus on making sure every housekeeper associate thoroughly understands our service culture and their role in it. Empower you people to handle guest’s complaints.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY and DUTIES
- Schedule daily labor based on occupancy to clean rooms within the budgeted time allotted and in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory of supplies and linens to meet guest needs.
- Coordinate with laundry services the daily needs of linens.
- Control expenses of department based on occupancy.
- Ensure that all new personnel receive thorough and adequate training in the Hotel Policies and Procedures, and rules of Operations, general hotel and hotel area information and all other information necessary to provide a safe, courteous, efficient and professional service.
- Ensure that all housekeeping associates provide a sincere, warm and timely response to all guest requests.
- Ensure that all associates are trained and practice all current programs for service.
- Ensure that all associates maintain a professional appearance and attitude. All uniforms must be hotel standard and approved by the GM.
- Ensure that all associates are certifies/recertified for their positions as necessary.
- Attend all required meetings and be a “hands on” working manager.
- Provide timely feedback to Executive Housekeeper regarding all unusual incidents and guest issues.
- Inspect all housekeeping areas daily to ensure the safety of all associates and guests.
- Being a 24/7 operation, it is necessary that this position be flexible in working hours to meet the property demands.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper or General Manager.
- Minimum 2 years of previous supervisor experience in the hospitality/executive housekeeper position preferred. Brand certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of employees and customers both English and Spanish speaking.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office and hotel property management systems.
- Thorough knowledge of all hotel policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of property management system using housekeeping reports.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Ability to work with minimal directives and make quick independent decisions.
The duties for this position are carried out in climate controlled areas.
To perform the duties, an individual must be able to walk and/or stand for varying lengths of time and for long periods with repeated bending, stooping and reaching. An individual must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Manual dexterity is necessary for the manipulation of paperwork, computer keyboards, making beds, cleaning rooms, cleaning floors in commercial areas and operating a variety of cleaning machines.