Housekeeping Managers/Executive Housekeepers-Benson's Hospitality Group -- Athens, GA
Benson's Hospitality Group (BHG) has immediate openings for Housekeeping Managers/Executive Housekeepers in Athens, GA at one of our five hotels in Athens, GA. This is your opportunity to join an outstanding team. Our family-owned company has been making sound decisions that have allowed us to grow steadily since 1960 when we built our first hotel and we are looking for professional individuals to join our team to support our mission of pleasing customers at at profit. We believe in providing a pleasant, safe environment for our employees where they have opportunities for continuous personal and professional development.
Plan, direct, and coordinate all housekeeping, public area and back of the house housekeeping activities to maximize the mission of the hotel of " pleasing customers at at profit". To operate the hotel's housekeeping department in a professional manner, at all times, while achieving the annual objectives. To place major focus on making sure every housekeeping associate thoroughly understand our service culture and their role in it.
Housekeeping Manager/Executive Housekeeper responsibilities include the following:
* Manage and oversee all aspects of Housekeeping Department operations.
* Provide excellence in customer service.
* Create departmental schedules.
* Complete all payroll duties and necessary paperwork for department.
* Respond immediately to guest complaints concerning housekeeping issues.
* Assist with interviewing, orientation, performance appraisals, counseling, coaching, and training to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
* Order housekeeping supplies and guest amenities as approved.
* Inspect all housekeeping areas daily to ensure the safety of all associates and guests.
*Being a 24/7 operation, it is necessary that this position be flexible in working hours to meet the property demands.
Benson's Hospitality Group hotels offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees. We offer vacation, holiday pay, free single coverage health insurance + company paid life insurance, disability insurance, dental and vision insurance.
Education: Minimum 2 years of previous management experience in the hospitality/executive housekeeper position preferred. IHG Executive Housekeeper certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of employees and customers both English and Spanish speaking.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office and hotel property management systems.
- Basic knowledge of property management system using housekeeping reports.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Ability to work with minimal directives and make quick independent decisions.
To perform the duties, an individual must be able to walk and/or stand for varying lengths of time and for long periods with repeated bending, stooping and reaching. An individual must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Manual dexterity is necessary for the manipulation of paperwork, computer keyboards, making beds, cleaning rooms, cleaning floors in commercial areas and operating a variety of cleaning machines.
Job Type: Full-time