Bennington State Bank
Position: Information Technology Support Specialist
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to Information Technology Manager Position Summary
The IT support specialist position resolves issues raised by the Bank’s employees and customers. This position also provides technical advice, installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to, personal computer hardware and software systems. Primary tasks include answering emails, tickets, and phone calls, to resolve technical issues while documenting problems and resolutions and communicating issue resolution details to other IT staff. Secondary tasks include identifying common problems and suggesting improvements to lower support request volume, assisting with minor IT projects, and becoming familiar with all Bank systems.
1. Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users and customers.
2. Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
3. Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
4. Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
5. Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
6. Coordinates activities with the Information Technology department and Operations department.
7. Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users, via telephone, e-mail or in-person communication.
8. Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
9. Connects users to networks and provides training for Bank systems.
10. Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
11. Assists in minor IT project completion.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Customer Service mindset
2. Technical Capacity
3. Self-improvement drive
5. Time Management
6. Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Occasional lifting between approximately 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel Limited travel is expected for this position. Occasional need to travel to a branch location.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
• Education - Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong communication and analytical skills.
• Experience - 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology.
• Strong financial industry understanding.
• Ability to interact with people of all technical skill levels.
Other Duties This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement BSB provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Bank takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.