Bennett Legal Group, P.A., a firm with an offices near Downtown, Orlando, Florida, specializing in Complex Business Litigation and Construction Litigation, has an opening for an experienced Legal Assistant, comfortable working in a fast placed environment where attention to detail is a must.
Must be ready to "hit the ground running" -- looking to fill the position quickly. Must work well under pressure and are good at multi-tasking. Small firm, growing quickly. You will be responsible for assisting two attorneys.
Legal Assistants are a vital part of our team and a tremendous resource for our attorneys & paralegal. We need a teammate with the experience to actively assist with all aspects of the job, while consistently producing superior results, even under tight deadlines, pressure and an ever-changing environment.
What’s in it for you:
We offer comradery and an environment of mutual respect. Competitive pay and benefits, expanded holidays, 401k contributions, and health insurance. Our Firm continues to grow, and we need talented people to help us reach our full potential.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, 401K
Schedule: Monday to Friday
We have created procedures to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a law firm setting, litigation experience a must..
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
· Familiarity with the structure of a lawsuit, from pre-suit through the complaint, discovery, pre-trial and trial.
· Effective and pro-active communicator via phone and email both with internal attorneys and staff, and with clients, law offices, Judicial Assistants and others.
· Experience drafting documents, including cover letters, basic discovery, subpoenas and other legal form documents, and ensuring proper formatting and information is included within all documents.
· Ability to work with multiple attorneys and staff and prioritize assignments.
· Attention to detail and ability to calendar important dates, meetings and deadlines independently based on incoming emails and filings.
· Experience and willingness to manually save and organize case files in electronic format using Windows File Explorer.
· Experience electronically filing documents with State of Florida E-Portal and/or US District Courts ECF System.
· Familiarity with uploading and downloading documents from file share systems, i.e. DropBox.
· Experience and Comfort using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe DC Software.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume to: email@example.com.
Bennett Legal Group, P.A.
Why Work Here?
Great team players, good benefits.