Utility / Maintain Helper
Benihana Bethesda, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Take your cook job to a Benihana Chef CAREER. At Benihana, your hard work is more than just a job, it's a career opportunity. It's a building block to a successful future in the world of business and hospitality.
Our people are our secret sauce to our success and mission of Creating Great Guest Memories. We are always looking for individuals who have what it takes to grow with us and share in our success.
Responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to guests. Primarily works in front of the restaurant while cooking and preparing hot meals on hibachi tables directly in front of guests. Ensures correct food portions are being cooked and maintain the kitchen areas and hibachi tables clean and sanitized. Prepares and sets up food for cooking and side orders.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in cooking strongly required.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times.
- Ability to entertain and perform in front of guests is strongly desired.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
- Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used.
- Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable.
- Exercise sound judgment and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry required.
- Where applicable, holds a state and/or local food handlers card.
- Must be 18 years of age or older or in accordance of state law.
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Here are some of the sizzling benefits of working for us:
- Training: At Benihana your chef career will include more than crafting incredible meals. You'll learn how to deliver an experience. We offer a 5-week paid training course.
- Fun working environment: You will work in a caring environment where you are highly valued and will have the opportunity to continue to develop and grow.
- Free shift meals: We believe in coming together as a family and want you to be able to enjoy a great meal. We provide all of our employees a free shift meal, every day.
- Benefits are important: We know how important it is to take care of yourself and your family. We offer a full benefits suite that includes 401K, and Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your family.
- Competitive Pay: Along with a competitive paycheck, you will have an opportunity to be well rewarded. This position is eligible for tips!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note this is not the full job description.
FoodView all jobs at Benihana