- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the overall performance of restaurant operations including customer service,
financials, food quality, beverage quality, guest and employee safety practices. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Oversees all purchases of food, beverage, supplies and equipment. Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement. Ensures restaurant is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
Specific Job Duties:
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Ensures proper emergency and security procedures are in place and all employees have been appropriately trained.
- Plans, coordinates and has final approval on the scheduling of all restaurant departments.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns. Communicates to staff and ensures all employees are aware of marketing campaigns.
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, & quality levels
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities and pricing.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and monitors budgets to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to prevent deviation from budget.
- Prepare budgets as required by corporate and General Manage in an effort to meet budget projections.
- Prepare period and quarterly end budget analysis.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and employee and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interviews, selects and hires hourly employees. Makes employment and termination decisions.
- Conducts new hire orientations, trains employees on Company mission, culture and guest experience objectives.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Prepares schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Continuously strives to develop staff in all managerial and professional areas.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel, and, administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Forecast & implement improvement plans for management development, & continuing education.
- Ensure all restaurant staff & management team members have necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Communicate well all aspects of weekly operations by leading weekly team management meetings.
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming the expert in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Be a role model and a teacher to restaurant staff.
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of restaurant management experience or one year as a Benihana manager with good performance and positive results.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Proficiency in food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system.
- Have knowledge of service and food & beverage operations, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house & back-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- College degree in hospitality management or related field preferred.
- A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must possess a valid drivers license where applicable.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- Serv Safe certified, alcohol service certified preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests’ needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member’s role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Repetitive hand and wrist motion may be required. Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other office equipment.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is required. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of hibachi and beverages is a plus.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
Leadership: Must possess self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing, pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance. Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems. Ability to recognize, maintain and understand the need for confidentiality and handling confidential company information.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Typical work week = 50 hours.
RetailView all jobs at Benihana
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?