The Legal Billing Specialist is responsible for activities related to the firm's billing process for specific portfolios as assigned. This individual will work with billing attorneys as well as associated internal and external clients to ensure that the processing of proformas/prebills is completed consistently in an accurate and timely manner. This individual may also create and produce reports and analytics related to assigned accounts upon request.
- Manage the full life-cycle of the billing process for a designated portfolio of client accounts, which includes reviewing proformas/prebills and making preliminary edits; ensuring that attorneys receive, review, and return accurate proformas/prebills in a timely manner; working with attorneys and staff to finalize invoices; and submitting finalized invoices in the appropriate format.
- Establish, foster, and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with attorneys, staff, and clients to provide competent account support to both attorney and client.
- Coordinate successful submission of invoices electronically, including setup of electronic clients, monitoring submissions for acceptance, troubleshooting issues, communicating ebilling changes to affected parties, and confirming proactively that invoices conform to requirements.
- Monitor rates, alternative fee arrangements, and billing guidelines; revalue rates as appropriate; track disbursements; monitor progress against approved budgets; and communicate with appropriate parties with respect to write-offs.
- Research, analyze, and respond to identified issues and inquiries.
- Communicate directly with clients as requested or as established and provide clients with requested reports or analyses related to alternative fee arrangements, special rate structures, collection arrangements, and any other administrative matter(s).
- Monitor unbilled amounts, client trust accounts, accurate payment application, and unapplied funds throughout the life-cycle of assigned accounts.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
The Legal Billing Specialist must have at least 5 years of law firm billing and account management experience. A solid working knowledge of Excel is required. Aderant experience is preferred. Qualified individuals will possess strong analytical abilities, solid communication and interpersonal skills, as well as flexibility to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro