Benesch Law Cleveland, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Benesch is a growing mid-sized corporate law firm based in downtown Cleveland, OH with other office locations in Columbus (OH), Wilmington (DE), Chicago (IL), San Francisco (CA), Hackensack (NY) Shanghai (CHINA). We are a firm committed to providing the highest level of customer service to our clients, and a positive work environment to our employees. Benesch offers many benefits to its employees including competitive pay, medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, retirement plans, paid holidays, flexible work schedules, and flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care. Benesch has been ranked on the Plain Dealer's Northeast Ohio Top Workplaces list from 2016 through 2020; as well as earned a coveted recognition on the NorthCoast 99 Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio for the 18th year in 2020. The Firm has also been named to the AmLaw 200 list, placing us among the top 200 law firms in the country and is a result of our continued strategic growth.
The Docket Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely docketing, filing and processing of court requests, fulfillment of internal procedures and providing assistance to the Docket Supervisor.
1. Operates the Firm case management system proficiently, including but not limited to, complete data entry of all items and documents to be docketed, calculation of response times and retrieval of information from the system.
2. Completes all Requests for Docket Work submitted in a timely and accurate manner, notifying persons requesting assignments if assignments are to continue beyond the time for completion or are continuing in nature.
3. Delivers various documents and files to courts, clients, and library on a regular basis.
4. Reviews all requests and submitted materials for correctness.
5. Maintains daily petty cash and docket checking account.
6. Assists in maintaining all court related materials including form files, rules of court, judge requirements, telephone numbers and addresses.
7. Communicates properly and promptly with Firm personnel and external contacts at all times and must exhibit a high level of customer service.
1. Keeps up to date on court related information.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Docket Clerk must be have a High School Diploma and be able to type 45 WPM. Must be familiar with Federal, County and Municipal court systems via previous docketing experience. Knowledge of the operations of all courts and administrative agencies in Cleveland and how to work all facets of the courts and administrative agencies is preferred. Experience with computers and a background in internet research is required. Experience with CourtAlert, CNS, CompuLaw, or Westlaw strongly preferred. Must have a professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills and show the ability to prioritize. Must possess an excellent customer service attitude. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GovernmentView all jobs at Benesch Law