Director of Product Mgmt, Community Service (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Does the idea of applying your talents at a company that assists people in understanding how to obtain additional health care benefits and compensates well for doing so, inspire you? We call it “Doing good while doing well” and invite you to apply to join us and begin moving forward along a beneficial career path – one built on providing solutions by helping others navigate through the complex world of health care benefits.
Here at BeneLynk, our mission is to improve lives and positively impact social determinants of health barriers by providing our healthcare partners with the information they need, and people with the advocacy they deserve. We are laser-focused on our longstanding area of expertise in the healthcare world. We fully understand barriers and surface solutions, then provide the advocacy that changes lives and improves outcomes. Everything we do, from the systems we build, to our government relations, to our outreach operations, is in service of this one central vision.
WHO WE ARE
We are big-hearted people, passionate about serving our health plan clients, their members, and each other. We are a team in every sense of the word, striving toward a common mission – that is the goal of everyone at BeneLynk. Every day, we are relentless in helping people who need essential resources to make their lives easier and healthier. The members we serve call us "miracles," "kind," "professional," "human," and "compassionate," and all with "service that gets the job done." We pride ourselves on creating a healthy environment for our employees to thrive in their ability to assist others.
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, COMMUNITY SERVICES
BeneLynk, a leading national provider in identifying the government and community benefits for which individuals are eligible to lead healthier lives, is seeking to hire a new Director of Product Management, Community Services. Our mission is to improve lives and positively impact social determinants of health (SDoH) barriers by providing our healthcare partners with the information they need, and people with the advocacy they deserve. Currently BeneLynk serves clients representing 12 million Medicare Advantage lives in every state in the USA.
The Director of Product Management, Community Services is a position responsible for developing and managing BeneLynk’s products, focusing on solution development and expansion in the areas of Social Determinants of Health. At BeneLynk this role is a key in guiding the organization to effectively exercise Agile processes for product development, collaborating with leadership to define and execute on its strategic vision. The new Director will work in conjunction with BeneLynk’s Chief Product Officer and the leadership team to develop and bring to market innovative solutions to move the SDoH industry forward.
The candidate hired for this position will be both strategist and tactician. At BeneLynk we know that innovation does not come without rolling up our sleeves and getting the work done. The Director of Product Management, Community Services will be an integral piece in driving efficiency to executing existing product development processes and bringing new products to market.
- Represent BeneLynk’s Customers
This function is listed first, because we always want to be thinking of how best to serve our customers. The first responsibility of the Director of Product Management, Community Services is to know our customers and potential customers and to serve as their voice in the arena of quantifying and addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDoH).
- Oversee Product Development
The Director of Product Management, Community Services will work with the development team, user experience team, sales team, and all other appropriate stakeholders to prioritize and deliver new products on time. This is a product ownership position, and the Director will have the opportunity to exercise leadership and control over the Agile product development process to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency in its execution.
- Set Product Strategy
In conjunction with the senior management team, the Director of Product Management, Community Services inform and help to define the Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) product strategy for the company. To accomplish this goal, the Director will need to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the heads of relevant departments within BeneLynk and maintain a deep and current understanding of the work of such departments.
The Director of Product Management, Community Services will be expected to challenge other members of the management team, to ask the difficult questions and execute with disciple that will lead to more rapid innovation.
- Anticipate Opportunities
The Director of Product Management, Community Services will be responsible for developing and maintaining a cutting edge understanding of all the industries that BeneLynk touches. The Director will use this knowledge to bring new Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) solution/services to market.
This position is both tactical and strategic reflecting the small, but growing, size of BeneLynk as a company. All of us, including our senior management team are on the front-line doing what needs to be done to establish BeneLynk as the nation’s premier provider of benefit and SDoH advocacy services.
- To serve as a source of insight and experience on Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) solution/services in the market.
- Oversee entirety of product development cycle from conception to ongoing refinement
- Provide leadership and instilling discipline to execute the Agile development process effectively and transparently
- Provide oversight of team developing new products
- Identify reporting criteria that supports strategic vision
- Guiding cross-functional teams of project and product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Create metrics that help us understand the behavior and experience of our customers on our products and software and use those to make data driven decisions for future enhancements.
- Help the team and key customers evaluate, prioritize, and respond to requests for product and software updates and modifications
- Collaborate with IT development to ensure clear understanding of product priorities and mitigate delivery risks of product teams
- Collaborate with leadership to align on product value proposition with business development and end customers, voice of the customer activities, obtain feedback to inform product roadmap
- Balance resources and work requirements in a flexible and changing work environment
- Maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers
- Complete and maintain compliance with all BeneLynk security and privacy requirements
- Maintain compliance with all HIPAA requirements for treatment of Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable (PII) Information
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelors/Associates degree and 7-10+ years in healthcare management with 5+ years in product leadership
- Experience in Agile business/software development lifecycle process and methodologies.
- Experience in relevant fields including health plan systems, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits and SDoH database companies.
- Managed care experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Value based care providers and related entities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Activities – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position as well as communicate ideas to others. The employee is occasionally required to move about their office space.
- Weight Lifted/ Force Exerted – The employee’s job does not require weight to be lifted or force exerted.
- This role is a remote position.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time, Exempt
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Based on Experience
We offer competitive salaries and benefits here at BeneLynk, as we truly value our employees and the amazing work that they do each day. Please see below for a list of some of our awesome employee benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Employee Assistant Program Benefits
- 401K Match
- 15 Paid Days Annually
- Excellent Growth & Advancement Opportunities
Work hard, play hard! Having an engaged workforce and positive work environment is one of our top priorities here at BeneLynk. We do so through numerous initiatives that can be found below. We like to call our virtual work community, “The Bene-Verse”. We also have an internal Culture Ambassador committee dedicated to ensuring all employees have a pleasant and exciting work experience.
- Monthly Company Town Hall Events:
- We love the opportunity to come together as a company. Join us monthly as we discuss exciting company updates, internal promotions, internal awards, upcoming events, and more!
- Monthly Internal Mental Health Newsletters:
- Our Culture Ambassadors spearhead an internal newsletter centered on mental health topics. Our employees’ overall wellbeing is our top priority, so we like to provide support whenever it is needed through this uplifting internal newsletter.
- Monthly Streaming Services Perk:
- Yes- we pay YOU to enjoy the television shows that you enjoy! We pay up to a $12 per month for any streaming service subscriptions that you currently have.
- Tickets at Work Perk:
- Enjoy discounted movie tickets, hotel stays, and more through our company’s ‘Tickets at Work’ perk!
- Monthly Lunch & Learn Events:
- Meet key members of our Senior Management team through engaging Lunch & Learn sessions on a monthly basis. Lunch is on us for those employees that sign up!
- Monthly Bene-Verse Events:
- We put on awesome monthly events for our employees including virtual trivia, team building exercises, guided painting sessions, and more!
At BeneLynk, we don’t just accept differences; we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and the communities that we serve. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling this company’s unwavering commitment to equal employment opportunity. BeneLynk is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, employment here is solely based on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to their professional expertise. BeneLynk does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, military status, marital/familial status, pregnancy, or related condition, including breastfeeding, or any other classes protected by law.
It is BeneLynk’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The company's EEO policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full support of the company, including its Chief Executive Officer because it's just the right thing to do and we hope that you think so too.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our HR team.
BeneLynk participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
***Offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a required background and drug screening.***
AddressSioux Falls, SD
BusinessView all jobs at Benelynk
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?