Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC Homewood, IL
- Expired: September 25, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
HealthComp Holding is one of the top 5 national independent third party administrators (TPAs) in the country. Serving over 360,000 members, we are private-equity backed, investing heavily in the business and growing much faster than the industry. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access.
We are expanding team and seek a Technical Writer. The position this position will collaborate with subject matter experts from across the organization to edit or write enterprise-wide policies, procedures, manuals, forms, workflow diagrams and related documents used by BAS teams to complete their work. This position is required to facilitate the review, approval, and publication of controlled procedural documents and will assist in organizing, updating, and maintaining the document repository.
- In collaboration with cross functional teams and operations leaders, own and drive the process to proactively create, update and maintain policies and procedures for various teams.
- Facilitation of the review, approval and publication process, as well as the process for maintaining policies and procedures and workflow documentation.
- Provides specific feedback to the teams (internal/external) and business partners that is constructive, comprehensive and easy to understand and provide definitive direction on technical writing best practices.
- Develop written content to support efforts to educate and update employees throughout the organization in regard to business initiatives.
- Identify process improvement opportunities that reduce handoffs and improve processing time and quality where applicable.
- Manage organizational content in a structured format with appropriate archival and naming convention standards. Support the QA team by ensuring the appropriate documentation is available and used during the auditing process.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years of technical writing experience.
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize based on business need.
- Strong operations interest and aptitude to allow for independently researching processes and translating process information into language that resonates with end users and clients.
- Ability to identify content that needs to be updated proactively.
- Excellent time-management, prioritization, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word and Power Point.
- Associate's Degree
- One to two years of technical writing experience in a health insurance administration or healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC
EducationView all jobs at Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC