Customer Support Representative
- $18 to $24 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Customer Support Representative, Folsom, CA
Summary: The Customer Support Representative (CSR) provides a high level of customer service in a call center environment. As the first point of contact for our members, the CSR provides effective problem resolution by combining technical knowledge with unsurpassed relational skills in order to “delightfully satisfy” our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone calls using the proper greeting.
- Listens to client’s issues and clarifies the question or problem the client needs to find a resolution.
- Provides information necessary to resolve client’s inquiry or problem.
- Explains information in layman’s terms so that the client understands the information.
- Demonstrates a high degree of empathy and applies customer service techniques to de-escalate situations where the caller is extremely upset.
- Processes routine insurance changes such as adding dependent(s) or spouse, changing a doctor, and change of address.
- Researches appropriate documents such as Summary Plan Documents to quote benefit correctly.
- Researches information regarding claims.
- Logs all details into the system using proper notation during the call.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and conforms to all applicable HIPAA provisions.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality and adheres to schedule
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to provide effective leadership in all aspects of position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be dependable and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Subject-matter expert within field.
- Ability to keep up with changes in information to Plan documents in order to quote benefits correctly.
- Ability to grow with changing demands of the position and the company.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Call center experience in a medical/benefits environment highly preferred.
- Medical/Benefits Experience highly preferred.
- UR/Claims/COBRA/FSA/Eligibility Experience preferred.
- Background required
Salary: $18.00 - $24.00 DOE
Salary determination: The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by BRMS. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Must have Inbound Call Center experience or Medical and/or Insurance experience or a 4 year degree.
Language Skills: Ability to read, speak, and write effectively in English. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, memos, letters, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively address or resolve customer service issues within guidelines of the position.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: n/a
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods in front of a computer. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the employee to work in the office.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the first to introduce employee benefit administration technology solutions, our services are powered by our exclusive Virtual Benefits Administration System (Vbas) a proprietary database and administration system that allows employers to save time and money by automating management of the benefit supply chain and empowering employees to self-service their benefits
Check out the culture of BRMS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEGYpftkfk&feature=youtu.be
Established in 1993, Benefit & Risk Management Services, Inc. (BRMS) is a leading benefit administrator and healthcare risk manager that delivers innovative technology and administration solutions to control rising healthcare costs. One of the first to introduce employee benefit administration technology solutions, our services are powered by our exclusive Virtual Benefits Administration System (Vbas) a proprietary database and administration system that allows employers to save time and money by automating management of the benefit supply chain and empowering employees to self-service their benefits
Benefit & Risk Management Services, Inc.
80 Iron Point CircleRoseville, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.