- Assist Pharmacist with receiving, confirming prescriptions for accuracy, and entering prescriptions into pharmacy database (QS/1 Pharmacy Database).
- Preparing prescriptions as per each Client Patient Assistance Program Business Rules. Once prescriptions are entered by the pharmacy technicians and assigned a prescription number, the pharmacist will verify the prescription and then it is electronically transferred to Complete Care Pharmacy for fulfillment.
- Interacting with customers, Health Care Professionals and staff, and answering questions in a kind and professional manner.
- Performing organizational tasks, as needed.
- Following the Standard Operation Procedures put forth by the Non-Dispensing pharmacy, to help support daily pharmacy work-flow.
- Maintain accurate records per company and regulatory requirements (Ohio State Board of Pharmacy).
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Pay attention to details to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Must be professional and empathetic when helping patients, either on the phone or in person.
- Must be a team player, willing to do whatever is asked with a helpful attitude and treat coworkers respectfully and professionally.
- Actively expand role by increasing efficiencies and eliminating wasted tasks.
- Taking initiative finding ways to prepare for the next day's business.
- Function as a trainer for new staff.
- Opportunity to participate in leadership opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Focus on results in a professional, ethical, responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members and others.
- Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
- Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
- Uses innovative, critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
- Seeks assistance in solving and working problems through collaboration and information seeking.
1. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Strong customer service skills.
3. Effective organization and problem solving techniques a must.
1. Must be proficient in data entry.
2. Competent in navigating through Microsoft office, such as word and excel.
1. HS Diploma or GED required.
2. Current nationally certification through PTCB (or NHA). .
3. Previous experience in a retail pharmacy or mail order environment a plus.
1. Requires visual acuity, listening intently, writing/typing and sitting for an extended period of time
2. Requires dexterity to use and operate and stand office equipment.
3. Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
1. Ability to analyze complex information.
2. Ability to analyze many variable and choose the most effective course of action for the organization
at any given point.
3. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
4. Ability to communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
5. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
1. Requires 2 years of experience in Retail Pharmacy or Comparable knowledge of MTM.