The Wellness Assistant is responsible for assisting in the enhancement of the residents’ quality of life through social, spiritual, therapeutic, and other wellness activities and programs within the community.
Assists in developing the community’s wellness programming. Facilitates daily events and programming to meet the needs of the residents. Performs data collection to assist with the residents’ assessment processes. Assists in the implementation of the plan of care based on the residents’ needs.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong desire to work with the elderly.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in long term care.
- CPR certified.
- First aid certification.