The Shipping/Receiving Agent is responsible for being cross-trained in all areas of the warehouse ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions in a manner that meets company standards for productivity, security, and safety.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment
- Verify product in bin location matches item on pick ticket
- Pick orders quickly and accurately to customer specifications
- Maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system with current, accurate data to ensure optimal order quantities are calculated necessary to sustain customer demands
- If operating machinery, inspect and maintain equipment daily and perform preventative maintenance when necessary.
- Assist in inventory and cycle counting, when necessary. (May require working weekends.)
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail required
- High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
- Ability to use Word, Outlook and Excel to prepare documents and communicate with others
- Able to identify and solve problems and react accordingly to a variety of work situations
- Quality system requirements training
- Employee may be requested to work overtime when necessary