The Director of Customer Insights and Analytics will lead a team of analysts responsible for identifying customer insights, competitive intelligence, and market trends to answer questions that are critical to the profitability and performance of the company applying knowledge of advanced research and statistical analysis methods, including predictive modeling techniques. The ideal candidate is one who is excellent with numbers and loves to dig into data to find and tell a compelling story.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other related discipline.
· Experience: 7-10 years; 4+ years of management experience
· Ability to hire, manage, coach, train, motivate and mentor associates
· Excellent customer service, communication, and computer skills
· Applied knowledge of advanced research and statistical analysis methods, including predictive modeling techniques
· Strong knowledge of using advanced analytic tools (Python, SAS, R, SPSS) to manipulate data and perform analysis
· Knowledge of SQL
· Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data, be detail oriented, and possess excellent business acumen
· Expert at summarizing and presenting data, and able to communicate findings to a non-technical audience
· Negotiation and multi-tasking skills
· Understanding of Marketing KPIs
· Understanding of text mining
- Understanding of pricing theory and contractual pricing
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage, coach and motivate a team of analysts to provide meaningful and actionable deliverables to increase productivity and margins
· Leverage the team’s curiosity and creativity to imagine new ways to report, analyze, and make actionable use of data, with the goal of helping the business make smarter decisions
· Encourage team to suggest and develop the best analytic methods to answer the questions important to the business
· Capture, manipulate, summarize, and present data to understand gross margin trends, and suggest process to improve
· Partner with marketing, sales, and finance to understand pricing issues, and develop ways to answer their business needs with the use and interpretation of data
· Employ a combination of technical skill, knowledge of research methodologies, and statistical analysis to enhance our understanding of customer behavior
· Lead design, testing, and deployment of quantitative and predictive models for use by the organization
· Manipulate and analyze detailed data, and create easily digestible summaries
· All job duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position
Who We Are: It’s our mission to deliver success smile after smile.
Benco Dental is the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States and has remained in the family since 1930—a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and over 1,400 associates in 45 states.
We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor; including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 400 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians.
Why Join our Team?
We drive dentistry forward by leveraging innovative solutions and our caring family culture.
Family-owned for 80+ years
#19 Best Companies to Work for in Health Care
Annual Profit Sharing
Medical, Dental, Vision effective Day 1
If you enjoy working for a progressive company that is growth minded and values customers & associates we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success.