Corporate Accounting Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary role of the Corporate Accounting Generalist is to perform essential accounting functions for Benchmark Management, LLC and subsidiary companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Accounting department email account by keeping the Inbox current, responding to inquiries timely and professionally, and organizing email correspondence in archive folders for future reference
- Process accounts payable invoices by scanning paper invoices, save electronic scans and copies to appropriate folders in OneDrive/Teams, forward as needed for proper approvals, key invoices into accounting software, and upload/attach scanned invoices to bill in NetSuite
- Review vendor statements to ensure all invoices have been received, posted and set up for payment, follow up as needed for missing invoices
- Maintain vendor files to ensure all required paperwork is collected on new and existing vendors, to include accurate Form W-9, proof of insurance, business license and workman's compensation insurance waiver (if applicable).
- Collect, organize and upload receipts and invoices for credit card charges, review approvals and coding to ensure all charges have a receipt and are recorded and expensed properly in accounting system
- Key bi-weekly contract labor invoices
- Assist with posting payments and preparing bank deposits
- Sort incoming mail, prepare checks for mailing, handle department outgoing mail
- Assist other personnel as needed and handle special data entry projects
Corporate Treasury Management:
- Daily Treasury management of corporate bank accounts, prepare bank transfers and ACH payments for Controller approval
- Manage corporate credit card accounts, import transactions to accounting software, resolve issues with cardholders and bank feeds
Payroll / Benefits:
- Process bi-weekly employee payroll
- Post payroll to general ledger
- Input employee information and changes as needed per established procedures
- Input new hire benefits deductions and update deductions as needed for open enrollment changes, reconcile benefits invoices to ensure accuracy of deductions
- Download benefits bills, review and prepare for A/P data entry
- Review and pay bi-weekly Contract Labor payroll and issue annual 1099s
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Assist with company communications regarding HR policy changes, open enrollments and employee recognition programs
- Prepare various monthly reports
- Post recurring entries to subsidiary companies
- Bank reconciliations for all corporate bank accounts
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare presentations for senior management as needed
- Work with other departments to develop and implement improvements to current processes that will result in tighter financial controls and streamlined workflow
- Assist with external payroll, insurance and financial audits, prepare schedules and organize files
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft office - Microsoft Teams, Outlook email, Word and Excel
- Experience with administering benefits or payroll preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill in utilizing technology and multiple data platforms to gather information and communicate
- Software: Quickbooks, NetSuite, PayPro experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to lead a team by setting exceptional example of behavior, competency, and professionalism
The Corporate Accounting Generalist is a salaried position that may require more than 40 hours per week on a regular basis. Holidays, nights or weekend work may be required to meet workload expectations.
Benchmark Management LLC
AddressSanta Rosa Beach, FL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Human Resource Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.