1. Conducts therapeutic assessments and consults with Therapeutic Support Specialist/ Treatment
Director in formulating treatment plans.
2. Provides individual and group counseling to placed youth and clinical consultation to foster
3. Complies with paperwork requirements as established by the state, contracts, standards, and
licensing as well as Benchmark Family Services Inc.
4. Provides crisis stabilization services for Benchmark Family Services, Inc. clients and foster
5. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate
books, journals, and literature and attending in-services, conferences, and workshops.
6. Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills:
1. Education – At least a Master’s Degree in mental health, counseling or social work.
2. Licensed as one of the following: Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist (certified or licensed),
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family therapist or Licensed
Professional Counselor. If not fully licensed as one of the above, must have a Master’s Degree in
a Human Services field and meet all State requirements to provide therapy services under direct
supervision of one of the following: Psychiatrist, clinical Psychologist (certified or licensed,
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor.
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the State Program Director, Regional Director, or Designee
I have read and understood the Duties/Responsibilities as outlined in this job description.