Cobblestone Construction is a General Contracting company with more than 20 years of experience building state, federal, and private projects. With a reputation for honesty, integrity, and safety at the highest standards, we are searching for a Project Manager who brings those same ideals to every workday.
- Monitor construction projects to ensure procedures, materials, and equipment comply with approved project plans, specifications and samples, owner standards, and quality.
- Provide documentation of construction progress to include shop drawings, manpower, schedules, delays, changes, payments, and other events affecting the project.
- Maintain liaison between owners, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and consultants during construction to resolve field problems.
- Maintain project schedule and budget; attend pre-bid conferences on all projects.
- Coordinate communications with the owners for all project-related service interruptions to access utilities and traffic in order to minimize conflicts and avoid construction delays.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications to ensure compliance with construction plans, specifications, and obtain additional information from the project architect when necessary; recommend changes to documents for ease of construction.
- Maintain liaison with contractor, architect, and owner to discuss modifications and adequate solutions to project problems; monitor and document change orders from initiation to completion of construction and payment.
- Review and recommend approval of payment to contractors for quantities of materials received or used and work completed during specific periods.
- Prepare daily reports of project activities and other reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Coordinate and assist with final inspections; monitor completion of the punch list.
- Review projects at end of warranty period for non-compliance items.
- Accumulate certified payroll reports for all subcontractors and ensure they coincide with daily deports. Supervise review process and submission of reports to owners.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The ideal candidate should be a fast learner that is willing to take upon himself or herself total project responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with construction contracts, drawings, federal, state, county, and city regulations.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Scheduling and Expedition experience a plus.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Ability to lead a construction team to obtain desired results.
- Self-starter with tact, judgment, and a highly developed sense of responsibility.
The Company offers paid sick and vacation time as well as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance after successful completion of the Introductory Period. Must successfully complete background and drug screening.
Benchmark ContractingBenchmark Contracting, Inc. is a general contracting firm with expertise in design/build, ground up construction, tenant improvements, and comprehensive rehabilitation/renovations in industrial and commercial construction for both the public and private markets. With a team representing more than 150 years of building experience, we continue to grow and expand our portfolio of noteworthy projects and take pride in each and every endeavor. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please discover more about us at https://www.benchmarkcontractingsc.com/