We are currently recruiting for a Shipping Associate to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. The Shipping Associate I is responsible for pulling, packing and preparing finished goods for final shipping to customers; refilling product bins with incoming inventory; receiving product into the warehouse. The Shipping Associate I is a strong team player who is able to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Pulls, packs, and prepares all finished goods for shipment to customers using knowledge of UPS, Fed-X, or USPS , while paying high attention to account accuracy, weight and size restrictions
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Check, verify customer invoices
- Operates lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely move parts to proper locations
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Keeps warehouse clean and organized daily
- Performs cycle counts
- Builds and shrink-wrap pallets
- Contributes ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Supports the on-going reporting of key performance metrics
- Executes housekeeping duties.
- Provides excellent service to customers
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent, and 3-4 years of warehouse experience with a focus in UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, and freight forwarders packaging and software, Export documentation, and Key Accounts/Big Box Retailers is required. Equivalency to the qualification standard will also be considered.
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Basic understanding of inventory control and cycle counting
- Strong computer and data entry skills requires (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with MRP systems and performing inventory transactions
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with co-workers and vendors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Works well in a team environment with a consistently positive and helpful attitude
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities under close deadlines
- Must demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Quality-conscious individual with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in shipping for International, Federal and National accounts preferred
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today. Please include a resume and cover letter with your online application.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act