Senior Project Manager - Structural Steel
- Posted: over a month ago
Ben Hur Construction Company has been providing commercial and industrial construction services since 1909. Structural services include steel erection and fabrication and precast concrete installation from operating divisions in St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati. We are a progressive company and a leader in our field. Please visit our website at www.benhurconstruction.com
Ben Hur Construction Company offers a competitive salary and benefits. Starting pay is based on education, experience and skill level. Salary $112,000 to $168,000. Core benefits include medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, and 401K with match. This position is eligible for a company truck and relocation expenses. We have a strong safety culture and are a drug free work environment.
Sr PM Responsibilities
- Support company growth and profit margin by achieving operational goals & objectives.
- Responsible for overall management direction to multiple construction projects, may be on-site manager for large, complex projects
- Oversee and provide guidance on projects to Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Ensures that all contractual terms and obligations of projects are maintained
- Assures effective planning, mobilization, and reporting on each assigned project
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures
- Assures proper accounting for project change orders
- Determines from the specifications the quality parameters and any special safety requirements for each project
- Assists Project Managers in preparing and maintaining the erection plan as part of the project site specific plan
- Works with field operations to assign workers to construction sites to work on specific projects
- Communicates requirements of the corporate safety and quality systems to the field forces at the job site
- Meets with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs
- Visits job site as needed and required to assess and document progress; coordinate with other trades/project superintendent; monitor safety/risk issues. This may consist of out of state, overnight travel
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure interests are protected
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years related experience as a Project/Construction Manager in the structural steel and precast erection industry
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Structural or Civil Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- OSHA 30 hour Construction Safety and Health Standards training.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Must be self-motivated and punctual
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures
- General knowledge of AISC & PCI standards
- Ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprint drawings
- Ability to manage large multiple commercial and industrial projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects and people while meeting stringent deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam
Ben Hur is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?