Organization Name: Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust (BHMT)
Affiliated Organization: Kaiser Permanente
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Project Manager Lead
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Full Time - Mon-Fri
Salary: $63,000 - $68,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including Holidays, PTO, Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust (BHMT) is a Taft-Hartley Education Trust established by Kaiser Permanente and union representatives of its Alliance and Coalition represented workforce. It is dedicated to support life-long learning and its individual members' career management. As such, BHMT provides Career Counseling services and a portfolio of diverse programs to support eligible union employees at all points along their Kaiser Permanente career journey including:
- Opportunities in the areas of academics (stipend program, degree completion), certification/licensing, continuing education, IT, language, and skills competencies.
- Cohort-based curriculum through Regional and Multi-Regional Training Programs.
BHMT works closely with Kaiser Permanente’s (KP) National Workforce Planning and Development Department and its Regional counterparts to constantly adapt and expand Trust offerings to meet the needs of both our management and labor union partners as well as those of the individual participant.
The Project Manager with BHMT collaborates within an environment that drives superior results while providing world-class customer service and support to our participants. In coordination with the Project Manager Lead, the Project Manager manages and maintains the administration of the designated BHMT program(s) in order to:
- deliver first class program management service to clients, BHMT Client Services Team Members, business partners and BHMT stakeholders, and
- continuously evaluate and improve program offerings and business partner relationships.
The Project Manager shares the responsibility with all other BHMT staff to promote and adhere to BHMT’s workplace guiding principles -- Teamwork, Service Focus, Life-Long Learning, Innovation, Integrity, Supportive, Resilience.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Deliver outstanding career, educational and skill development programs and services, especially in the areas of program administration and client and internal team support;
- Support a complex group of portfolio projects
- Serve as a change agent to communicate and enact program and process additions and modifications;
- Maintain an effective operational focus while managing complex inter-project relationships;
- Manage projects utilizing Project Management tools and processes;
- Act as the primary interface for the business partners/stakeholders;
- Produce timelines, status reports and statistics; understanding supporting data and analytics;
- Collaborate with project managers and client services team to drive superior results despite challenges.
- Hold self accountable for meeting performance goals, providing exceptional client experience, and adhering to the BHMT Guiding Principles in accordance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
Specific Tasks to include:
- Project manage the Degree Completion and Certifications section of the BHMT Program Portfolio including RN to BSN program.
- Contribute to all communications, website updates, print collateral, and marketing efforts in conjunction with appropriate BHMT team members and partners.
- Maintain communication with all partner school representatives to ensure timely receipt of enrollment reports, students of concern, grades and other program requirements.
- Process and evaluate BHMT academic suspensions and release.
- Work with BHMT Client Service Team members to address and resolve client academic issues.
- Work with Lead Project Manager to develop and launch any new offerings (as determined by BHMT strategic plan) within this portfolio.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc program reporting; including data verification and analysis of program participation and non-participation.
- Using available data, work with BHMT project management team to continuously evaluate and refine program processes and offerings within portfolio
- Manage portfolio close-out process/pipeline interface including business partner suspensions and renewals
Job Specific Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent is required;
- Minimum 2-5 years in corporate environment required;
- Minimum 2-5 years in higher education preferred;
- Must have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Evidence of strong fundamental knowledge and application of project management skills; PMP certification preferred;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships;
- Must excel in the use of technology and must be able to become proficient with new software applications rapidly;
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills including: MS Word, Excel, presentation, and database applications and must become expert level in Excel within first year with the Trust (if not expert upon hire);
- Must have extensive experience with database systems.
Additional BHMT Requirements:
- Demonstrated skill set in Digital Fluency, Consumer Focus, Collaboration and Process Improvement;
- Must have discretion and be skilled in dealing with sensitive, confidential, and personal information;
- Ability to function, contribute and lead in a face-to-face and virtual team environment;
- Must interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability for excellent follow-through and attention to detail;
- Strong time management, organizational, program development, and business presentation skills, as well as oral and written communication skills;
- High level of cultural competencies and experience working with diverse groups;
- The ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituents including KP clients and management, union representatives, vendors, and staff;
- Knowledge in career development theories, program development, instructional design and adult learning strategies;
- Must be committed to continuous, life-long learning;
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Must demonstrate understanding and application of our workplace guiding principles. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence their values/guiding principles as part of the application process.
- Service Focus
- Life-Long Learning
For a detailed description of our guiding principles, visit our website at: https://bhmt.org/who-we-are/
BHMT is a fast-paced work environment embedded within the larger corporate structure of Kaiser Permanente. The position will be based out of the corporate headquarters in Oakland, CA.
Position is full-time with comprehensive benefit package including paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.