Organization Name: Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust (BHMT)
Affiliated Organization: Kaiser Permanente
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Full Time - Mon-Fri
Salary: $90,000 - $95,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including Holidays, PTO, Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust (BHMT) is a Taft-Hartley Education Trust established by Kaiser Permanente and union representatives of its Alliance and Coalition represented workforce. It is dedicated to support life-long learning and its individual members' career management. As such, BHMT provides Career Counseling services and a portfolio of diverse programs to support eligible union employees at all points along their Kaiser Permanente career journey including:
- Opportunities in the areas of academics (stipend program, degree completion), certification/licensing, continuing education, IT, language, and skills competencies.
- Cohort-based curriculum through Regional and Multi-Regional Training Programs.
BHMT works closely with Kaiser Permanente’s (KP) National Workforce Planning and Development Department and its Regional counterparts to constantly adapt and expand Trust offerings to meet the needs of both our management and labor union partners as well as those of the individual participant.
The Business Development Manager with BHMT represents the Trust’s interests and activities in the areas of educational provider relations, student support, and program promotion. The Business Development Manager collaborates with all members of the BHMT organization and constituents to:
- Identify, contract, and liaise with educational providers to ensure the Trust delivers thorough and comprehensive program management service to internal and external clients, and
- Continuously evaluate and improve program offerings and business partner relationships based upon stakeholder demands and interests.
The Business Development Manager shares the responsibility with all other BHMT staff to promote and adhere to BHMT’s workplace guiding principles -- Teamwork, Service Focus, Life-Long Learning, Innovation, Integrity, Supportive, Resilience.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage the RFP process for all BHMT projects (including Regional Training Programs);
- Facilitate the initial contract process for all programs and projects;
- Evaluate current BHMT offerings; solicit input from constituents; and work with partner vendors or identify new prospective partners to secure services and programs to meet BHMT stakeholder demands.
- Provide guidance and feedback to providers regarding education delivery practices and trust standards and policies. Develops and maintains the BHMT ‘partner handbook;’
- Advise BHMT and partners on course modifications or scaffolding efforts that contribute to student success;
- Help to maintain safe, secure, and healthy educational environment with our partners and, when necessary, may serve as a BHMT advocate;
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs and Director of Process Improvement to perform routine documentation of business processes including updating program policies, handbooks and manuals;
- Manage timelines, status reports and statistics; understanding supporting data and analytics;
- Work with BHMT project management team to continuously evaluate and refine the program processes and offerings within the entire BHMT portfolio;
- Perform evaluation of BHMT programs and partner relationships.
- Serve as the primary intermediary between BHMT staff and partner vendors;
- Ensure awareness of program participants and partners of BHMT student agreement requirements and makes suggestions as required;
- Work with other BHMT staff in promotion of programs;
- Work with BHMT staff and partners to ensure the collection and reporting of key program metrics;
- Provide updates to BHMT on emerging practices in adult education;
- Participate in a variety of events that support BHMT programs;
- Work with BHMT Leadership Team to develop and launch any new offerings (as determined by BHMT’s strategic plan);
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs and Program Lead to establish and schedule a uniform program review process for each BHMT portfolio program;
- Hold self, team, and partner vendors accountable for meeting performance goals, providing exceptional client experience, and adhering to the BHMT Guiding Principles in accordance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Master’s degree or equivalent is required. At least 5 years of experience in career counseling, workforce development, educational field, or similar required;
- Must have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a larger team;
- Must be fully competent in working with adult education providers, program development, instructional design and adult learning strategies; especially, familiarity with professional certification, licensing, and associated continuing education;
- Working knowledge with emphasis in training and education in workforce development including career life cycle, understanding of job descriptions and individual development;
- Must have excellent consultation skills – problem identification, research, and recommendations communications;
- Must have refined consultative sales experience with demonstrated effectiveness in working with multiple department representatives in potential partner organizations including:
- Program development/academic leadership
- Student Services
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Relations
- Proven experience effectively managing vendors and partners;
- Understanding of student finances—i.e. employer supported programs; state and federal tax implications;
- Have knowledge of change management processes, project management processes;
- Must be fully competent with technology and must be able to become proficient with new computer applications rapidly;
- Must interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines.
Additional BHMT Requirements:
- Demonstrated skill set in Digital Fluency, Consumer Focus, Collaboration and Process Improvement;
- Must have discretion and be skilled in dealing with sensitive, confidential, and personal information;
- Ability to function, contribute and lead in a face-to-face and virtual team environment;
- Must interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability for excellent follow-through and attention to detail;
- Strong time management, organizational, program development, and business presentation skills, as well as oral and written communication skills;
- High level of cultural competencies and experience working with diverse groups;
- The ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituents including KP clients and management, union representatives, vendors, and staff;
- Knowledge in career development theories, program development, instructional design and adult learning strategies;
- Must be committed to continuous, life-long learning;
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Must demonstrate understanding and application of our workplace guiding principles. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence their values/guiding principles as part of the application process.
- Service Focus
- Life-Long Learning
For a detailed description of our guiding principles, visit our website at: https://bhmt.org/who-we-are/
BHMT is a fast-paced work environment embedded within the larger corporate structure of Kaiser Permanente. The position will be based out of the corporate headquarters in Oakland, CA.
Position is full-time with comprehensive benefit package including paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.