In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.Job Description
The primary role of the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, machines and facilities systems and using machine tools to fabricate replacement parts, lock out/tag out program and prioritizing "hot" work orders.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Perform basic diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical components, and hydraulic or pneumatic systems.
- Perform basic diagnosis, troubleshooting, installation or repair of facilities systems such as plumbing, running pipe, or simple electrical/maintenance repairs including changing of pumps, lights, fuses, switches and outlets.
- Perform routine one step set-up and drilling operations on drill press, and demonstrate willingness to learn operation of lathe and milling machines. Cut backup rollers in Lathe.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Operate CMMS system to include creating work orders and locate parts to remove from inventory for jobs.
- Certified tow motor (forklift) operator.
- Change gravure and back up rollers, rubber rollers, anilox rollers and cold seal rollers.
- Perform routine mechanical repairs such as remove/replace rollers from slitter or press to assemble and disassemble printing deck and perform basic arc welding tasks.
- Perform simple one step set up and operation of drill press, lathe and milling machines.
- Perform complex corrective maintenance under direction of Electrician and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work independently on assembly/disassembly of printing deck, to perform diagnosis and repair of simple hydraulic/pneumatic components to perform design/layout for welding and installation of new equipment.
- Perform complex multiple set ups and precision operation of drill press, lathe, and mill to fabricate replacement parts.
- Perform routine basic electrical repairs such as replacement of AC connections based on direction of Electronics Technician and replacement of three phase AC electrical motor (ie...ink pump motor).
- Perform routine repair to oven units and complex diagnosis (troubleshooting), repair or installation of any machine in the facility including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing or routine basic electrical repairs.
- Follow safe operating procedures, comply with safety rules and wear proper personal protective equipment as specified.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area by cleaning spills and disposing of trash on a timely basis.
- Perform basic operator preventative maintenance to machines and/or tools.
- Perform tasks within acceptable limits for quality, quantity, and time lines of completion.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Results orientation, Self-motivated, confident, organized, persistent, high energy
- Collaborative relationships
- Communication skills - written/oral
- Analytical skills/problem solving, Critical thinking & Conflict resolution
- Business Acumen
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in mechanical repair of industrial machines and equipment preferably in a graphic arts/flexographic printing environment.
- Must have demonstrated troubleshooting techniques, mechanical repair concepts and procedures, and familiarity with mechanical and power hand tools.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and possess ability to read blueprints, schematics and welding.
- Must have a basic knowledge and ability to computer systems such as but not limited to Microsoft Excel and related production systems software.
- Familiarity with use of machining equipment including lathe, mill, band saw, welders, hand tools.
- Maintain knowledge on different power systems including hydraulic, pneumatic, geared systems (ability to read these prints are also required).
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, required to stand, sit, squat, bend, walk, lift (as noted above) and climb frequently throughout the day
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and products
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.E-Verify
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.