Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bema Incorporated – A leading manufacturer in flexible packaging is seeking a hands-on Production Supervisor for its Press and Converting Department at its suburban Chicago facility.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient utilization of personnel, materials and machinery in the production of plastic film.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the daily production of the Press and Converting Department (WH Presses and Auto-Wicketing bag machines)
· Optimize machine efficiency and Maximize quality.
· insure all production personnel are following company GMP’s, safety, and AIB (food safety) procedures and regulations
· Coordinate the activities of department personnel
· Assist with set-ups on equipment if needed
· Analyze work orders, production schedules, and other documents, to insure on time delivery
· Identify and report machine breakdowns to maintenance in a timely manner
· 2-3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a fast paced production environment
· Experienced in the flexible packaging industry; Auto-Wicketers and Flexo presses is highly desirable
· Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to use hand tools
· Familiar with 5s, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing principles
· Proficient in all Microsoft office suite programs
· Demonstrate Leadership skills
· Good communication skills
· Problem solving ability
· Organizational skills
· Safety oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, vacations, holidays, 401K plan, life/short-term/long-term disability insurance along with a recognition program.
Candidates are pre-screened via a phone interview, drug test and criminal background check is performed.
Bema, IncorporatedWhy Work Here?
Great Company, Great Product, Great People, Great Benefits!
Bema, Incorporated is a recognized leader and innovator in the flexographic printing and flexible package manufacturing industry.