A flexible packaging manufacturer is seeking to fill the position of a Press Assistant at its suburban Chicago facility. The candidate will assist in the operation of a W&H color press to produce printed rolls of film according to the company and customer qualifications and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Pressman in the daily operation of the flexographic printing press.
• Maintain supplies at machine.
• Perform assistant related duties including, but not limited to: turbo wash, change sleeves and cylinders, load raw material onto the press unwind.
• Contributes to overall quality, productivity and waste reduction of each printed job.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the press and press area at all times
• Compliance to all company policies, regulations and procedures is required
• Perform other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by management
• Insure all AIB housekeeping and cleanliness standards are maintained.
• Ensures that all hazardous waste items are handled as required. These include transportation of drums and kits of ink and solvent, cleaning of PRI Distillation Unit, discarding still bottoms, discarding old and unusable ink, labeling of containers and tracking of solvent usage.
• High School graduate
• Good mechanical ability
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Basic Math skills
• Team Player
• Physically demanding position: long periods standing, bending, squatting, reaching and pulling. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life/long and short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
Salary for this position is determined accordingly with candidate’s experience, and qualifications and may be somewhat flexible based on criteria of ideal candidate.
The right candidate is a dependable, motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed in a fast paced environment with your focus on both the customer and employee.
Why Work Here?Bema, Incorporated is a recognized leader and innovator in the flexographic printing and flexible package manufacturing industry.
Great Company, Great Product, Great People, Great Benefits!