Business Transformation Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Beloit College's Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) team plays with possibilities to enable student success through innovative teaching, learning, and research services; business transformation services; integrated core services; and digital risk, privacy, and compliance services.
The Business Transformation Analyst, in partnership with the Database Analyst, provides business transformation services to the College's operations. By partnering with colleagues in LITS and around the College, along with vendor-supplied resources and services, the Business Transformation Analyst enables the effective implementation, integration, use, support, and maintenance of enterprise software in support of the College's strategic priorities and educational mission. The role plays a key part in implementing and integrating new software tools, collaborating with staff, faculty, and students to understand the people, process, and technology aspects of the College's operational opportunities and challenges. The Business Transformation Analyst ensures the College's enterprise software and services are reliable, secure, and meet the needs of the campus community. This role will be involved in and/or manage multiple simultaneous projects as needed and may develop documentation including training materials. May serve as a software support escalation point and project coordinator as needed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with campus units to analyze end-user needs; identify process interdependencies among departments that will impact technology options; works with LITS staff and vendors to identify appropriate technical solutions, and collaborates to recommend the most advantageous solutions.
- Provides leadership assistance and support in working with technology vendors and implementation partners to implement technical solutions.
- Creates system integration solutions utilizing various available technologies to move or share data across systems
- Prepares scopes of work, independent cost estimates, and other documents necessary to the project procurement process; coordinates with the business office and procurement staff to ensure timely and cost-efficient completion of vendor selection and contract execution
- Communicates project expectations to project team members and campus stakeholders in a timely, effective, and clear fashion
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex tasks and projects
- Develops and manages an ongoing list of LITS projects with estimates for required personnel, budget, and other resources.
- Defines and documents., when needed, project scope, risk-analysis, schedules, budget, goals, communication plans, and deliverables that support goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
Research indicates that applicants from underrepresented groups are hesitant to apply for positions if they do not meet all the required and preferred qualifications. We want to emphasize that the preferred qualifications are not required and that we are committed to helping our future colleague develop the preferred skills. Additionally, applicants are encouraged to communicate how their work and other experiences satisfy the required qualifications in ways that may not be obvious.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; undergraduate degree preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency, experience, and knowledge of enterprise applications; relational database and SQL experience preferred
- Experience defining and creating data integrations and/or reports
- Experience with business process analysis and requirements gathering
- IT project coordination/management experience preferred
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Beloit College