Bancroft Skilled Nursing Center is seeking a qualified Director of Nursing (DON), responsible for overseeing the daily clinical and administrative operations of the nursing department. The Director of Nursing will assure that each resident receives the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psycho-social well being, in accordance with their comprehensive plan of care.
Highly competitive salary and benefits packages are offered for this position. If you believe you are qualified and would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume and you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Essential Functions include:
- Assures nursing organizational structure supports clinical and administrative standards and goals that will enable the center to achieve its mission and ongoing survey readiness and regulatory compliance.
- Implements systems, processes, and programs to achieve the goals and strategic plan for the nursing center.
- Leads nursing management team to ensure quality outcomes.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state and other regulations, including state specific clinical practice acts.
- Accountable for consistent assignments in the center and adjustments to staffing based upon census.
- Participates in the nursing center quality assurance process by analyzing outcomes, identifying trends and developing plans of corrections.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team as needed.
- Reviews prospective resident referrals to assure that clinical services can be provided. Assesses nursing department educations needs and set s obtainable goals to enable the center to provide more complex clinical services that will broaden the center’s referral base.
- Participates and/or leads committees or work groups as deemed necessary and/or requested by Administration.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Medical Director, attending and consulting physicians, ancillary and service departments.
- Assumes responsibilities and authority of operations in the short term absence of the Administrator.
- Remains knowledgeable about the residents and their conditions through mechanisms such as making daily rounds and discussion with charge nurse and promotes person-centered care.
- Promotes an environment where residents’ rights are protected and residents are free from abuse and neglect.
- Responsible for evaluating staff development needs for the nursing department.
- Ensures clinical competency of all nursing staff. Collaborates with DSD to develop and manage systems to assure clinical competencies during the hiring process and annually.
- Valid California RN license.
- At least 2 years of experience in as a Director of Nursing in a skilled nursing facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- DON in a Skilled Nursing Facility: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)