This key role is responsible for the overall planning of production and is an integral part of inventory control and capacity analysis for Bell International Laboratories.
- Build and maintain the Demand Plan to support capacity and resource planning
- Schedule all phases of manufacturing to support on-time delivery to customers
- Analyze the ERP/Excel system to ensure production planning data is accurate. Examples Start date triggers, cycle times & minimum inventory levels
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines
- Track performance to the following metrics: Master Schedule Attainment, Inventory Days on Hand and On-Time Delivery
- Calculate product family specific internal lead times
- Expedite materials and components as required to support the production floor
- Coordinate information with other functional staff, including customer service, engineering, human resources.
- Review material shortages, stock outages while working with Supply chain, purchasing and manufacturing to meet customer demand.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations and Purchasing to meet customer demand
- Main point of contact for commitment dates
- Exceptional project management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects with limited direction.
- Acute attention to detail and data driven with high level of organization and accuracy
- Effectively communicate with other departments and all levels of management
- Proactive communication with internal & external customers as issues occur
- Capable of utilization of spreadsheet & ERP software
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and production flow
- Adapt quickly to changing projects, policies and procedures
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering/Supply Chain/Industrial Management, Operations Management or other related fields
- Extensive MRP and ERP experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 7+ years of manufacturing planning/master scheduling experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bell International Laboratories
Why Work Here?Bell International Laboratories has been a family-owned contract manufacturing business for over 20 years. We specialize in health, beauty and cosmetic manufacturing. Our expertise is in sun-care, skin care, hair care, OTC and nutritional products.
Great Benefits and lots of room for growth!
Saint Paul, MN