Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Diagnose problems and affect repairs to Plant equipment on a timely basis.
***This is a 2nd Shift Position
***Hours are Monday through Friday 2pm-11pm.
- Executes assignments received from the Maintenance Manager/Mechanic Lead in a timely and accurate fashion with the objective of minimizing downtime and maximizing quality, safety, and run time.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to GMP, SOP and safety procedures at all times.
- Participate, as required, in safety and GMP training sessions, and other company training sessions
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of commonly used hand and power tools and equipment
- Knowledge of electric motors, generators, pumps, pressure systems, water systems and other equipment and systems found in the facilities
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to perform the job with a high level of safety awareness
- Ability to interpret technical documents; such as operating and maintenance instructions
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Desire and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Willingness to work overtime as production schedule demand.
- Effectively communicate with all members of organization
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Prioritize tasks and handle multiple priorities
Required Education & Experience
- Two-year degree in maintenance or mechanical technology field; plus, one to four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bell International Laboratories
Why Work Here?Bell International Laboratories has been a family-owned contract manufacturing business for over 20 years. We specialize in health, beauty and cosmetic manufacturing. Our expertise is in sun-care, skin care, hair care, OTC and nutritional products.
Great Benefits and lots of room for growth!
Saint Paul, MN