- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bell International Laboratories is a complete solution and innovator, as experts in formulating and manufacturing high-quality products, including sun care, skin care, and consumer health products. Located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area, Bell International Laboratories is home to state-of-the-art manufacturing, warehousing, and laboratory facilities. More than 300 employees work in the facility, all dedicated to producing the highest quality products available.
Seeking an experienced Controller who will provide financial information about all Bell activities that will assist CEO and C- level executives in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future. Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Accounting & Finance department.
- Provide strategic financial input to enhance financial performance and business opportunities. Participate in the development of the Company's plans and programs
- Ensure ongoing credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts
- Plan, develop, evaluate, and implement the Accounting and Finance organization structure to ensure continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals
- Lead the ongoing development and implementation of the company insurance risk and protection programs to meet the evolving needs of the company Oversee the activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, benefit plan funding including retirement plan and self-funded health plans, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses.
- Partner with internal teams to determine financial impact of product cost reductions, manufacturing process additions/deletions, manufacturing flow changes, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of daily banking receipts and reconciliation of all monthly banking statements
- Build and maintain a qualified team through innovative hiring and training techniques: Implement and manage recruitment and on boarding processes, as required; Perform staff appraisal and performance review processes in line with company policies; create and maintain professional development plans for direct reports; Set and manage performance goals, standards, and expectations with direct reports in accordance with the company policy.
- Ensure tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes. Review sub ledgers, accruals and tax returns for accuracy and consistency. Monitor and reconcile the filing of tax returns to ensure proper payment of taxes.
- Interface with external auditors in connection with financial operations and tax examinations and correspondence, including locating records and documentation, and preparation of supporting schedules, analyses and memoranda as required.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with accurate and timely work to facilitate the company’s financial needs.
- Maintain and secure financial records of the Company such as capital asset ledgers, insurance records, contracts and agreements, stockholders’ ledger, and benefit plan records.
- Develop, plan, and implement special projects and compile a variety of special reports as assigned.
- Participate in committee or group work to improve financial and/or department performance.
- Experience working with information technology to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral presentation & written communication skills; professional presence and behavior
- Ability to operate/work in a high growth & entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications and ERP systems
- Cost Accounting, financial planning and/or forecasting experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Broad general product and business knowledge to adequately interpret operating results, studies, and analyses
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused and responsive to questions and needs in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Ability to work in a team environment, including assuming leadership roles for various projects and cross-functional teams
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting/Finance; and over 10 years’ experience leading an Accounting & Finance organization, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CPA preferred
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bell International Laboratories
2950 Lexington Ave SMinneapolis, MN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bell International Laboratories
Get fresh Financial Controls jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.