Purpose: Cosmetics Research and Development Technician will be fully responsible for planning, data collection/analysis, and reporting of their assigned research initiatives. The Research Technician will be expected to follow proper procedures; perform accurate computations and prepare daily reports and data sheets. The Research Technician requires a hands-on, team-based approach. The Research Technician will answer directly to the R&D Manager.
· Accurately and efficiently prepare samples based on formulations and instructions provided by R&D Chemists and management.
· Assure that bulk batches, finished products, and raw materials meet the Bell Labs established sample specifications and quality standards and that sample documents are saved properly.
· Maintain and organize the Lab cabinets for product standards and bulk retains.
· Perform calculations to determine proper mixture proportions for trial batching.
· Perform routine tests on products such as measuring pH, specific gravity, viscosity, as well as sensory testing of color, odor, appearance and texture.
· To support R & D team members as defined by R &D Manager.
· To work upon multiple development topics and projects as required.
· To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all work in formats required.
· Maintain a clean laboratory environment and equipment.
· Communicating research issues and concerns immediately with all relevant personnel to achieve timely and effective results.
· Assist in all activities related to product development-fill samples, prepare sample for stability testing, perform routine testing.
· Associate or technical degree or equivalent years of experience in laboratory-
· Two or more years of experience in product development
· Team player, and able to work on own initiative
· Excellent interpersonal and communications (both verbal and written) skills.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Able to exhibit the positive behavioral attributes as required by the company.
· Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or Biology
· Experience in working for personal care contract manufacturer