Secretary III/Fiscal Clerk
Position, Level and Annual Salary:
Group 55, Steps 3-9
$29,988 - $35,796 per year
$14.3621 - $17.1437 per hour
Bell County Juvenile Services (Killeen)
July 17, 2020
Brief Job Description: Oversees coordination of legal contracts, grants, purchasing and fiscal matters, including working directly with the county Auditor and other offices. Represents the department in fiscal matters, to including processing of invoices and ordering of supplies, etc. Make and arrange travel accommodations for the staff. Provides administrative support services to senior administration through a variety of job duties related to general office management. May serve as back-up to lead administrative staff regarding certain employment or personnel matters.
Basic Qualification Requirements:
1. Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. Requires experience and proficiency using various software, including creation, usage, and preparation of spreadsheets and databases.
3. Must possess professional level verbal and written communications skills.
4. Requires experience with budgeting, fiscal management and legal contracts preferred.
5. Must have a valid Driver’s License, proof of adequate liability insurance, and have a reliable means of transportation.
6. Must possess physical stamina to handle potential physical outbursts of violent youth and be able to restrain a child who is resisting.
7. Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
8. Must be of good moral character.
9. No staff member may possess, while on duty, any firearm, illegal weapons, or chemical agent.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following prior to the closing date:
- A completed Bell County on-line application, available on the Bell County Website at https://bellcounty.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
- A completed Background Investigation Release Form and Prison Rape Elimination Disclosure form, both of which can be obtained from the Bell County Website at https://bellcounty.applicantpool.com/jobs/ or the server if an internal applicant.
- A copy of applicant’s DD214, if prior military (if applicable). Applicants discharged from military services under less than honorable conditions will not be considered for employment. (External applicants only).
- Failure to follow all required guidelines can result in the applicant not being considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Candidates will be evaluated without discrimination for any non-merit reason such as race, religion, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical handicap, age, membership or non-membership in an employee organization.