PROBATION OFFICER I
Cognitive Education Facilitator
Position, Level, and Annual Salary:
Group 58 Steps 3
$36,180 per year ($17.3276 per hour)
Position Location: Closing Date:
Bell County Juvenile Services June 30, 2020
Brief Job Description: Develops and prepares for implementation of Cognitive-Education based programming offered to juveniles and families under the jurisdiction of Bell County Juvenile Services. Cognitive-Education based programming shall include, but is not limited to substance abuse, teen pregnancy, healthy relationships, aggression management, and positive parenting skills.
1. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
2. Must have bachelor’s degree conferred by a college or university accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the Coordinating Board, Texas College and University system;
3. Must have either:
a. One year of graduate study in criminology, corrections, counseling in a social work, psychology, sociology or a related field that has been approved by the Texas Juvenile Justice Department; or
b. One-year experience in full-time casework or counseling in a social service, community correctional or juvenile agency that deals with offenders or disadvantaged persons;
4. Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of adequate liability insurance, and reliable means of transportation.
5. Must possess physical stamina to handle potential physical outbursts of violent youth. Be able to restrain and handcuff a child who is resisting.
6. Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
7. Must be of good moral character.
8. No staff member may possess while on duty any firearm, illegal weapons, or chemical agents.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following prior to the closing date:
1. A completed Bell County on-line application, available on the Bell County Website at
https://bellcounty.applicantpool.com/jobs/ must be submitted.
2. A completed Background Investigation Release Form and Prison Rape Elimination Disclosure form, both of which can be obtained from the Bell County Website at https://bellcounty.applicantpool.com/jobs/ or the server if an internal applicant.
3. A copy of applicant’s DD214, if prior military (if applicable). Applicants discharged from military services under less than honorable conditions will not be considered for employment. (External applicants only).
4. Failure to follow all required guidelines can result in the applicant not being considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Candidates will be evaluated without discrimination for any non-merit reason such as race, religion, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical handicap, age, membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
NOTE: The length of the application/hiring process may vary, depending on the applicant.