Bell Bros. has an immediate need for an enthusiastic Apprentice Plumber. The Apprentice Plumber is responsible for contributing to revenue goals and exemplifying great customer service while providing quality plumbing inspections in customer homes, certifying the condition of their systems and calling out areas of concern that need attention in the form of a visit from Bell Brothers. Additionally, the Apprentice Plumber will perform Levels 1-3 plumbing services and / or repairs when identified or assigned.
**No experience necessary, we will train. If you are ready for a new career or are looking to get into a trade, apply now!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates knowledge of plumbing repair and installations and uses good judgement addressing areas believed to be of immediate concern or potential future concerns.
- Performs in depth PSI visit in, under and around customer home inspecting all aspects of plumbing and sewer systems.
- Completes detailed written report of PSI inspection for each visited customer.
- Provides customer with a detailed review of PSI visit findings and makes recommendations to address to address any variances to the normal and safe operation of plumbing and sewer systems.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills with a focus on technical accuracy, writing quality and clarity.
- Employee will be measured on KPIs and expected to perform up to and exceed the standards attached to employee performance to goal expectations (average ticket, monthly revenue, etc). By completing ride alongs as determined by Plumbing Manager.
- Uses, applies and monitors appropriate safety practices and procedures and reports violations to Plumbing Manager.
- Performs Levels 1-3 plumbing services and repairs consistent with general accepted plumbing standards and in accordance with Bell Brothers expectations.
- Provides quality plumbing solutions, communicates effectively, demonstrates quality workmanship and accurately invoices customers for all work performed.
- Collects for all work performed or provides accurate documentation to ensure customer financing.
- Maintains adequate vehicle parts and equipment inventory sufficient to complete all work assigned.
- Works independently with little supervision in the completion of assignments with 95% of time spent in the field.
- Participate and attend all scheduled department meetings.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Ability to work with all types of people in varying conditions
- Capable of working in independently
- Works well under pressure
- Able to recognize negative variances and communicate findings to customer, verbal & written
- Ability to read and understand plumbing and maintenance work orders and job instructions.
- Knowledge of plumbing repair and installation using standard tools and machines attributed to the Plumber Apprentice position.
- Self motivated, punctual, detail oriented and able to work independently.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The principle duties of this position are performed in a variety of environments, including customer homes, the outdoors, and field environments at development and work sites on uneven and rough terrain.
- Required to work in outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, and temperature swings, for extended periods of time.
- Experiences frequent interruptions; required to meet inflexible deadlines; requires concentration and attention to detail; requires a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
- Standing up to 8 hours per day; Walking up to 8 hours per day on uneven, difficult terrain.
- Occasional heavy manual labor to include lifting and carrying up to 50-75 pounds.
- Regular and repetitive grasping, gripping, reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, and working overhead.
- Frequently works in closed or cramped spaces.
Once hired, all employees must maintain a well-groomed appearance (i.e. a business-like haircut, facial hair is acceptable but it must be well kept and at 1/4 inch in length, and no visible tattoos.)
Bell Bros. Plumbing, Heating & AirBell Bros. is Northern California’s Leading HVAC, Window, and Plumbing company. We have a history of high standards and have built our company on the important ethical business practices of honesty and fairness. We value our employees and provide a family-oriented and fun working environment where your efforts are recognized and rewarded.