Mortgage Loan Officer - Madison, WI
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mortgage Loan Officer
If you love sales and are passionate about helping others purchase their dream home, consider a career with Bell Bank's mortgage team. You will work with colleagues in a first class culture that provides a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provides a high level of service that makes each mortgage run smoothly - by sending closing packages five days before the closing, in-house underwriting and processing and having a support team to allow you to work efficiently.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of one of the nation's largest independently owned banks. Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $10 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota. Bell has empowered more than $25 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell's mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Bell Bank Mortgage has been in Arizona since 1997 and is actively expanding, most recently opening locations in New Mexico and several other regional offices.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune, and has been named among America's top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- "Paying it forward" by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
Under minimum supervision, this position will market and originate mortgage loans that meet regulatory and investors guidelines to be sold on the secondary mortgage market.
- Gather all information necessary for documentation, analysis, disclosure and underwriting loan applications.
- Structure loan to ensure compliance to product guidelines.
- Submit through DU/LP and review findings to ensure borrower findings meets guidelines.
- Enter all required information into the mortgage loan origination system and order appraisal.
- Solicit and take loan applications in a professional and timely manner in line with company standard and procedures.
- Evaluate credit factors and eligibility to ensure application meets guideline requirements.
- Provide appropriate borrower compliance information at the time of application, have disclosures signed and delivered.
- Provide Loan Estimate (LE) within regulatory guidelines. Also provide re-disclosure as required by regulatory guidelines through understanding of MDIA requirements.
- Provide all necessary applicant information to processor.
- Price loans according to guidelines and secure signed lock agreements.
- Review Closing Disclosure (CD) and prepare the borrower for closing.
- Keep open line of communication with agents, borrower, processors and closers to provide excellent customer service.
- Develop individual marketing plans to expand market share and stimulate loan production.
- Maintain regular customer contact with professional and community organizations to ensure a positive company image.
- Stay up to date on all program, compliance, and investor guidelines and changes that will affect the borrower and Bell Bank Mortgage.
- Provides advice and service to applicant requesting mortgage information.
- Make preliminary determination of applicant's credit worthiness and has authority to issue prequalification statement of borrowers eligibility.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the local and national real estate market to better serve clients and provide feedback to management
- Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
- Conduct activities consistent with established Bell Bank policies, procedures and systems, the Bell Bank Employee Conduct policies, the Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- All employees are responsible for information security, including compliance with policies and standards which protect sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
- B.A. or minimum of three years of mortgage banking experience.
- Two years of mortgage banking sale experience.
- NMLS registration.
- Familiarity with all mortgage banking functions, FNMA, FHLMC, HUD/VA Lending, regulatory compliance and investor guidelines.
- Ability to strategically plan to market and develop business contact.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
- Ability to travel to different branches and to off-site meetings to meet with clients or co-workers.
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bell Bank
Get fresh Mortgage Team Leader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.