Insurance Producer Commercial/Personal/Benefits
- Expired: August 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
The Insurance Producer is responsible for the profitable growth of the Agency and contributing to the Agency sales goals. Individually, the Insurance Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Property/Casualty and/or Benefits accounts, while meeting their own individual sales goal. The producer is also responsible for proactive relationship management of their accounts, working in conjunction with Agency Account Managers.
- New Sales:
Respond to referrals quickly and effectively.
Prequalify prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
Gather complete risk and underwriting information to complete applications and submission documentation, while analyzing risk exposures and determining changes and/or
additional coverages to address those needs.
Determine appropriate insurance markets and make submissions to potential markets.
Design insurance programs and recommend coverages to clients.
Create insurance proposals and make sales presentations.
Be familiar with and following binding rules for all insurance carriers.
Educate clients on agency payment expectations and late charges. Collect down payments from insureds for purchases of new coverage and obtain signatures on all applications
Introduce Account Manager to clients as part of their service team.
Enter documentation, as required for producers, in EPIC for all new sales processes.
Ask for referrals from insureds to help generate new business.
Accepts and handles prospects assigned by management
- Existing Client Relationships (renewals and retention):
Work with Account Manager to obtain updated exposure information from the insured to develop a renewal strategy.
Review existing policy coverages no less than annually with insureds. Explain coverages, exclusions and options to reduce risk and manage premiums. Work with clients to
ensure coverage and limits are adequate for their risk.
Remarket coverages when necessary.
Propose coverages to round out the account.
Work with Account Manager to provide timely information to carriers and clients according to agency standards and procedures.
Document activities, conversations and data in EPIC according to Agency procedures.
Review complex or unique policy change requests or service activities with Account Manager.
Recommend and assist insured in carrying out loss control programs and procedures recommended by producer or company loss control staff.
Collect current premiums, past due balances and late charges on agency billed items.
Provide assistance as needed for complex or troublesome claim situations.
Retain an agreed upon percentage of accounts each year.
Continue to develop relationships with insureds.
Develop positive and professional relationships with carriers/ underwriters/representatives.
Accept and carry out any duties/accounts assigned by Agency Management.
Job Skills Required:
- Insurance License
- Previous sales experience, particularly insurance, is preferred.
- Commitment to continuous learning/education in insurance and the industries for which you are managing risk.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information and to respond appropriately.
- Proficiency in technology to use EPIC system as required.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a deep and knowledgeable professional network.
- Focus on ethics, integrity and honesty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AddressGrand Forks, ND
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bell Bank