Accounting Systems Analyst
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accounting Systems Analyst
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Bell Bank was founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota. It is the largest family-and employee-owned bank in the upper Midwest, and one of the largest in the nation, with assets of more than $10 billion. Bell Bank has full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $25 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune.
If you want to work for an established, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you. Let Bell Bank be your destination workplace.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- "Paying it forward" by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position assists with accounting system upgrades relating to financial reporting, budgeting, and general ledger applications. In addition, this individual works with third party vendors and internal departments to resolve system issues. Another primary focus of this position is working with Cognos data warehouse information and reports. This involves working with internal departments to address reporting needs through use of database tools and query language, with an end goal to effectively mine data and produce reports that will assist management in making effective business decisions. This position requires an overall understanding of banking operations with an emphasis in accounting, as well as a strong technical focus on systems. This position will assist in preparing the Bank's three-year budget and prepare cost accounted financial statements.
- Complete periodic accounting system upgrades by performing detailed testing, reviewing data, documenting issues, and ensuring issue resolution.
- Build reports in the Cognos data warehouse environment. Verify data for accuracy and ensure the correct fields are selected to produce the intended results.
- Assist in month end processing by posting entries, reviewing data, running cost accounting procedures, and preparing reports.
- Maintain the Bank's fixed asset inventory system - setup new assets, record disposals, and balance the fixed asset subsystem to the general ledger.
- Assist in preparing the Bank's 3-year budget by working directly with managers on budget assumptions, facilitating the loading of data into the budgeting software, and analyzing budget data.
- Prepare reports and other supporting documentation for internal audits, FDIC/State exams, and other reviews.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Provide backup to other accounting functions as needed.
- Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
- Know and practice LOCBUTN, our Golden Rules, and Bell Bank Customer Service Standards.
- Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Three or more years of accounting or related experience, preferably in banking.
- Exposure or experience with financial modeling, budgets, and data warehouse reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to create electronic processes using data and programs to eliminate manual procedures.
- Strong technical Excel skills, with an emphasis on use of raw data to analyze information and an ability to independently research resolution to issues.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TechnologyView all jobs at Bell Bank
Get fresh Account Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.