Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
$60-90k plus 10% bonus
Overland Park, KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Senior Accountant. Our client, a Kansas based company, is seeking a Financial Reporting Senior Accountant within the Finance Department. The company fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. As an industry leader in service technology, their affiliates offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace.
The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant performs accounting work for the financial reporting function in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This role is responsible for financial reporting and accounting, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, financial statement preparation and analysis, account reconciliations, and other special projects within financial reporting.
· Assist with the GAAP accounting close including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with the accounting close calendar
· Prepare and review financial statements and supporting schedules
· Analyze financial statements to understand trends in the business and ensure the accuracy of reported results and communicate analysis to key stakeholders
· Assist with the GAAP audit and preparation of GAAP audit reports
· Provide support for internal/external auditors by gathering data, preparing schedules, and responding to inquiries
· Assist with researching technical accounting and reporting matters and document conclusions reached in accordance with relevant accounting literature
· Perform responsibilities in compliance with the internal control environment
· Develop and maintain effective and efficient relationships with internal and external customers as well as business partners
· Support an environment of continuous improvement
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting
· CPA (or willing to obtain CPA designation) with 3+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred)
· Insurance industry experience preferred
· Concerned with customer satisfaction and consistently works to provide a high level of satisfaction
· High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
· Self-starter with a collaborative approach who values and encourages teamwork
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to develop industry-related knowledge
· Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively communicate with all levels of management
· Flexible team player
· Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or similar programs
· Strong time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadline
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Apply at: http://www.bellsearchfirm.com/searchjobs-bell-associates.html