Senior Project Engineer $160 - $180k plus bonus
Bell & Associates, Inc. Kansas City, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $160,000 to $180,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Senior Project Engineer
$160 - $180k plus bonus
Kansas City, KS
The Senior Project Engineer will utilize a wide range of management and engineering skills to conceive, execute, and commission multi-million dollar capital projects This includes but is not limited to all phases of design conception, engineering oversight, procurement, execution, and start-up.
Project Development and Design:
· Identify and prioritize gaps between existing processes and world-class standards for cost, efficiency, and quality through site visits, review of operational results, and interaction with all levels of management
· Establish and formulate design criteria and implementation procedures, using design and construction best practices
· Complete project conceptual designs which most efficiently meet business needs
· Identify equipment to meet the best combination of cost, quality, delivery, and service
· Select civil, millwright, electrical, and automation engineers and contractors capable of providing outstanding service in the country of concern
· Create specification documents and bid packages for multi-million-dollar projects
· Lead in reviewing bids for adequacy and selecting bids based on the greatest value to Seaboard and its partners
· Develop a methodology for document management/change management of project files
· Negotiation of major equipment purchases
· Negotiation for the purchase of applicable services
· Creation and management of the project schedule
· Regular follow up with key stakeholders including affiliate management and contractors
· Maintaining the highest standards for safety, environmental stewardship, and ethics during all phases of the project
· Conducting site visits to ensure adequate progress and quality of installed works
· Ensure project is executed on time and within budget
· Manage, implement, and develop projects in compliance with the required construction and safety standards
· Lead and interact with the project team to manage the process of analysis of Management of Change (MOC) of the project, ensuring the mitigation or elimination of risk in the facilities and the operations
· Provide periodic reports on key project metrics to ownership
· Be present for commissioning and start-up to ensure installed assets meet required performance guarantees
· Conduct visits to ensure installed assets are performing per their intended design
· Provide expertise to local operations to ensure maximum uptime and reliability of assets
· Periodically provide opinions, valuations, and performance capability of acquisition opportunities
· Review and improve operating practices of company affiliates relative to asset maintenance and operation for bulk material handling and storage systems as well as processing systems
· Assist the company and affiliate management in the creation of short and long-term capital budgets
· Identify industry trends to ensure the company’s continued relevance in the industry for years to come
· Create and manage project archives
· Assist technical personnel in management and optimization of equipment and relevant processes
· A Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the primary engineering disciplines (Civil, Structural, Mechanical) is required. Advanced degree preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience in engineering with a design-build firm, or end-user engaged in grain or feed processing, bulk material handling, agriculture, or food processing
· Must have proven experience managing the full life cycle of projects including scope, schedule, and budget metrics.
· Must have a strategic and action-oriented mindset to anticipate, identify and act on complex challenges and opportunities.
· Requires resourcefulness and adaptability to accomplish objectives regardless of the circumstances and obstacles.
· Must be a collaborative team player.
· Possesses demonstrated ability to optimize work processes to achieve continuous improvement and maximum efficiency.
· Unquestioned commitment to ethics
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Bi-lingual in Spanish or French is a plus
· Able to deal comfortably with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization, instilling trust and aligning objectives with broader organizational goals.
· Willingness to travel 30-40% (including third world countries in Africa and South America).
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Apply at: http://www.bellsearchfirm.com/searchjobs-bell-associates.html
Bell & Associates, Inc.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/6/#tab:overall BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE. Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis. www.BellSearchFirm.com Apply at: http://www.bellsearchfirm.com/searchjobs-bell-associates.html
AddressKansas City, KS
TechnologyView all jobs at Bell & Associates, Inc.